- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
BMW India has silently launched the range-topping diesel variant of the X7 SUV in the Indian market, in the form of the M50d trim. The new BMW X7 M50d variant is priced at Rs 1.63 crore, ex-showroom (India) and features a number of styling updates with the brand's 'M Package'.
These styling updates include a more aggressive front bumper, larger air-intakes with a new mesh grille, repositioned fog lamps, ‘M' badge on the left and right side panels, Cerium Grey finishes on the ORVMs and the model badges (X7 and M50d), a new sporty exhaust and 21-inch M-Style light-alloy wheels with the 22-inch alloys offered as optional.
The new BMW X7 M50d also comes with a host of features and equipment. Most of them are carried over from the current model on sale, although there are a few additional equipment available as well. Some of the features on offer on the BMW X7 M50d include: Alcantara headliner, Vernasca leather upholstery, multifunction 'M' steering wheel, six and seven-seater configuration, automatic driving lights, adaptive LED headlamps and automatic power tailgate; among others.
The other standard equipment on the BMW X7 includes a large 12.3-inch instrument cluster and a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The instrument cluster receives two new M-specific displays: Sport and Sport+. The SUV also features BMW's iDrive system with voice, touch and handwriting recognition software as well. The X7 also features a 16-speaker Harmon Kardon system, wireless charging and a host of other functionalities as well.
The new BMW X7 M50d also comes with a host of safety features and equipment as well. This includes nine airbags, dynamic brake control, cornering brake control, stability control, traction control, hill descent control and M Sport brakes with blue-painted callipers with the ‘M logo'.
Coming to the heart of the matter, the new range-topping BMW X7 now features a large 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder diesel engine. It produces close to 395bhp at 4,400rpm and a massive 760Nm of peak torque at 2000rpm and is mated to an eight-speed Steptronic sport transmission. The power is sent to all four wheels, via BMW's xDrive technology with variable torque distribution.
Thoughts On The New BMW X7 M50d Launched In India
The BMW X7 M50d is the SUV's range-topping diesel-powered variant on sale in the Indian market. The X7 is the German brand's first-ever 7-seater SUV and sits at the top of BMW's ‘X' model lineup. The new BMW X7 rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLS and the Audi Q8 SUV.