- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
BMW India has officially teased the new-gen X6 on its website ahead of its launch in the country. The third-generation SUV-coupe is expected to go on sale in India on June 11, 2020. Bookings for the 2020 X6 began in January.
The SUV was expected to launch much earlier in the Indian market. However, like most product launches in the country, the arrival of BMW X6 was delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the subsequent nation-wide lockdown which was announced in India.
The third-generation BMW X6 made its global debut almost a year ago. The SUV-coupe will be brought to Indian shores as (CBU) Completely Built Units making use of the new import rules. The 2020 X6 is expected to be available in two trim level — xLine and M Sport.
The third-generation BMW X6 has undergone subtle changes to the exterior design. The new-gen SUV has a larger footprint as compared to its predecessor. The X6 features the brand's double-kidney grille with vertical slats finished in chrome, a new set of LED headlights with BMW's Laserlight with Adaptive LED headlights, a reshaped taillights, and dual exhaust; among others. The new-gen X6 looks more aggressive as compared to its older-gen model, however, the overall silhouette of the coupe SUV has been retained.
On the inside, the cabin of the new X6 shares most of its interior trims for other models in the brand's line-up. The SUV features Vernasca leather upholstery as standard, power-operated seats with massage function, four-zone climate control, gear lever finished in glass, a panoramic sunroof, and a premium audio system from Bowers and Wilkins. It also features a large touch screen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest connected technology as well.
The BMW X6 sold in the international market is being offered with a total of four engine options. The India-spec model is likely to feature the ‘xDrive40i' 3.0-litre, six-cylinder, turbo-petrol engine that produces 340hp and 450Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox with power sent to all four wheels.
Other engines that are available in the global-specs X6 includes an ‘M50i' 4.4-litre V8 petrol unit that develops 530bhp, an ‘M50d' 3.0-litre six-cylinder diesel motor that churns out 400bhp, and an ‘xDrive30d' 3.0-litre six-cylinder diesel unit that produces 265hp. There is a possibility that BMW might offer the xDrive30d diesel engine along with the ‘xDrive40i' when launched in India.
Once launched the BMW X6 will rival the Porsche Cayenne Coupe, the Mercedes Benz GLE Coupe and the Audi Q8. We BMW to price the third-generations X6 at between Rs 90 lakh to 1 crore (ex-showroom).
Thoughts About The New BMW X6 Launching In India On June 11
The BMW X6 was supposed to arrive in India much earlier in the year, however, the company had to delay their launch plans due to the ongoing pandemic in the country. The new-generation BMW X6 looks aggressive, offers better features with a premium and luxury feel to the cabin as compared to its pervious-gen model.