- 43 min ago MG Installs 60kW EV Fast Charger In Agra: Available For Public Use
- 1 hr ago Mahindra First Choice Services Now A Subsidiary Of TVS Automobile Solutions: Here Are The Details!
- 2 hrs ago Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini Edition Unveiled: Limited To Just 630 Units For The World
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z H2 SE Globally Unveiled: The Japenese Supercharged Naked Becomes More Serious
- Movies Priyanshu Painyuli-Vandana Joshi's Mountain Wedding Pictures Scream Love; Actor Takes His Bride Home On ATV
- News Farmers' protest: Delhi Police seeks AAP govt's nod to use stadiums as temporary jails
- Technology New Realme Smartphone Appears On FCC Listing, Battery Details Revealed
- Finance Gas Distribution Stocks Gain On Notification Of Simplified Gas Tariffs
- Sports India vs Australia | Protesters invade Sydney ground with placards against Adani project Down Under
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor Sets Festive Goals In Her Floral Lehenga And You Would Love To Steal It From Her!
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
- Education CSEET Result 2020: ICSI Releases CS Executive Entrance Test CSEET November 2020 Result
The Government of Bihar has announced an extension of validity of driver's licences, permits, vehicle registration, and other related documents. The extension has been announced until 30 September for all vehicular documents that lapsed during the lockdown announced in light of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Transport Department Secretary Mr Sanjay Kumar Agrawal, made the announcement in what is a second extension granted by the state. The Government had called for an extension up to 30 June in an earlier statement.
Mr Argawal said, "The extension would provide relief to vehicle owners and drivers whose documents validity had either expired on February 1, or those whose validity is set to lapse by 30 June."
"The decision has been taken keeping in mind the problems faced by the people due to the lockdown and to ensure that they do not face difficulties in renewing the validity of the documents," he added.
In addition, the Secretary said that the extension was applicable to all types of permits, fitness certificates, learner's and driver's licences, registration certificates, and other RTO related documents.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has mandated guidelines for the extension, and Ministry officials have directed local law enforcement authorities to refrain from harassing the masses over the extension.
In related news, the Transport Commissioner's Office released a circular dated 16 June announcing a resumption of services across all 50 Regional Transport Offices in the state.
The circular mandates high safety and sanitisation standards, and allows for people to visit only after making an appointment via a particular RTO's website.
The circular states that those at the RTO will have to maintain a minimum distance of six feet from everyone else, and driving test vehicles will have to be cleaned and sanitised after every use. The Commissioner's Office has also requested people to use face masks. TO know more, click here.
Thoughts About The Extension Of Validity Of RTO Related Documents In Bihar
This is good news for those who need to renew documents. What we're impressed about is the fact that local law enforcement has been advised not to harass people about invalid documents until 30 September. We think this directive is what will bring most relief to the masses.