- 5 min ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 7 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 9 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- 23 hrs ago 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- Movies Swara Bhaskar Follows Sonu Sood, Helps Migrant Workers Reach Home
- News DGCA says locust swarms pose threat to aircraft during landing and takeoff phase, issues guidelines
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Sports England call up players for group training: Full list of players included and big players overlooked
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, businesses across the world have either slowed or shut down. India is currently facing a lockdown that was supposed to be lifted on April 15th but has been extended until the 3rd of May.
A lot of business entities and manufacturers have come up with many ideas to help people who are in need at the moment. A video posted by Logical Indian on social media shows that Kerala has come up with a brilliant plan. The state is now sending out specially developed 'Tiranga' cars which are based on the Toyota Innova MPV.
The Tiranga initiative has been launched by the Pathanamthitta district administration, and these cars are being used to screen Coronavirus patients from a safe distance. The first lot of vehicles are called (RSV-1) Rapid Screening Vehicle-1, and an RSV-2 vehicle is still under development. Once launched, these vehicles will collect DNA samples of people who are infected with the COVID-19 virus.
So, how exactly does this Tiranga initiative work? The Toyota Innova has been modified, and a lot of equipment has been installed on the MPV. The car can hold up to three officials who are sent to contaminated areas, and are not allowed to exit the vehicle at any cost. There are loudspeakers, and a two-way microphone system that can be used by the officials to communicate properly with the people.
Officials sitting in the car ask for the identification documents, travel history, and fever symptoms of the person, and take pictures of the identity documents. The vehicle is equipped with an infrared thermometer that can check body temperatures. In case they find people with COVID-19 symptoms and high body temperatures, they take down necessary information, and ask them to remain in isolation for 14 days.
In related news, Delhi and Mumbai recently got COVID-19 drive-through testing facilities. These facilities allow people to remain in their cars while a nasal or throat swab sample is taken through the car window. The entire process takes less than 10 minutes. These facilities help contain the virus, and ensure that people infected with the virus remain isolated.
Thoughts About The Toyota Innova Tiranga Vehicles
Modifying the Toyota Innova to help detect the COVID-19 cases is a brilliant idea by the Pathanamthitta district administration. We hope that this initiative helps a lot of people who have been infected with this virus get cured soon.