- 15 min ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 50 min ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 2 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- News BJP is selling farmers' rights to corporate houses through farm laws: TMC
- Technology Tecno POVA With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Debuts In India: Price, Specifications
- Sports India vs Australia, 1st T20I: Debutant T Natarajan receives cap from Jasprit Bumrah
- Movies Mahesh Babu To Sai Dharam Tej; Tollywood Celebs Celebrate Reopening Of Cinema Halls In Telangana
- Lifestyle 12 Protein-Rich Foods For Pregnant Women
- Finance Travel Stocks Zoom Up To 16% On Covid 19 Vaccine Optimism
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
MINI has launched their new John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition in the Indian market, with a price tag of Rs 46.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired edition can only be booked online and will be a limited-edition model with just 15 units coming to the country.
The new limited-edition MINI features a number of exclusive design elements, body graphics, paint schemes and other components. All of these design attributes are a tribute to the Mini John Cooper Works GP. The limited-edition model will be imported to India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route, with deliveries for the 15 exclusive customers said to be done soon.
Talking about the design elements, the limited edition model comes with an exclusive paint scheme, called Racing Grey Metallic. This further comes with a contrasting roof and mirror caps finished in a Melting Silver metallic colour scheme. The limited-edition model also comes with the John Cooper Works spoiler as well.
Other exterior design elements include a piano-black package. This offers blacked-out elements all around the car, including the headlamps, taillights, door handles, front grille, MINI emblems all around and even on the fuel filler caps. The MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired edition also comes with 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels with GP badged wheel hub caps.
Moving inside, the GP inspired edition further features the JCW sports seats finished in premium leather, while featuring the GP badging. The GP logo can further be seen on other parts of the cabin as well, including the floor mats for both the driver and front passengers and on the 3D paddle-shifters. The seats are wrapped in premium leather upholstery, with red contrast stitching, giving the cabin a more sporty look.
Other features also include a panoramic sunroof, large touchscreen infotainment system, 6.5-inch circular instrument cluster, Harman Kardon audio system, front and passenger airbags, brake assist, dynamic stability control, ABS, cornering brake control, and many others.
The MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition comes powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder TwinPower Turbo engine. It produces 228bhp and 320Nm of peak torque and is mated to an eight-speed Steptronic automatic gearbox. In terms of performance, the JCW GP Inspired Edition claims to take just 6.1 seconds to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said,
"MINI John Cooper Works has always been in a league of its own with a unique combination of heritage, exclusivity and performance. Inspired by MINI's motorsport genes and legendary racing successes, the MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition is a tribute to MINI John Cooper Works GP."
"This uncompromisingly dynamic Edition is built to give you guaranteed thrills worthy of the racetrack experience. The MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition makes the most thrilling MINI ever even more exciting".
Thoughts On The MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition
The new MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition is a very exclusive limited-version model, paying tribute to the JCW GP. With only 15 units entering the country, it will for sure be an extremely rare and unique addition to a garage.