- just now Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 19 min ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 16 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Gets Trolled For Taking COVID-19 Vaccine, Netizens Ask 'Chacha Ki Umar Hogayi Kya?'
- News Coronavirus cases: India records 18,327 new COVID-19 infections in last 24 hours
- Technology Poco M3 Review: Got The Substance?
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2021: Virender Sehwag's ruthless 35-ball 80* guides India Legends to big win
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: Top 3 Party-Perfect Dresses Of The Budding Fashionista From Roohi Promotions
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
- Finance Post office Account Changes That You Should Know
MINI has launched their new John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition in the Indian market, with a price tag of Rs 46.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired edition can only be booked online and will be a limited-edition model with just 15 units coming to the country.
The new limited-edition MINI features a number of exclusive design elements, body graphics, paint schemes and other components. All of these design attributes are a tribute to the Mini John Cooper Works GP. The limited-edition model will be imported to India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route, with deliveries for the 15 exclusive customers said to be done soon.
Talking about the design elements, the limited edition model comes with an exclusive paint scheme, called Racing Grey Metallic. This further comes with a contrasting roof and mirror caps finished in a Melting Silver metallic colour scheme. The limited-edition model also comes with the John Cooper Works spoiler as well.
Other exterior design elements include a piano-black package. This offers blacked-out elements all around the car, including the headlamps, taillights, door handles, front grille, MINI emblems all around and even on the fuel filler caps. The MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired edition also comes with 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels with GP badged wheel hub caps.
Moving inside, the GP inspired edition further features the JCW sports seats finished in premium leather, while featuring the GP badging. The GP logo can further be seen on other parts of the cabin as well, including the floor mats for both the driver and front passengers and on the 3D paddle-shifters. The seats are wrapped in premium leather upholstery, with red contrast stitching, giving the cabin a more sporty look.
Other features also include a panoramic sunroof, large touchscreen infotainment system, 6.5-inch circular instrument cluster, Harman Kardon audio system, front and passenger airbags, brake assist, dynamic stability control, ABS, cornering brake control, and many others.
The MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition comes powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder TwinPower Turbo engine. It produces 228bhp and 320Nm of peak torque and is mated to an eight-speed Steptronic automatic gearbox. In terms of performance, the JCW GP Inspired Edition claims to take just 6.1 seconds to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said,
"MINI John Cooper Works has always been in a league of its own with a unique combination of heritage, exclusivity and performance. Inspired by MINI's motorsport genes and legendary racing successes, the MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition is a tribute to MINI John Cooper Works GP."
"This uncompromisingly dynamic Edition is built to give you guaranteed thrills worthy of the racetrack experience. The MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition makes the most thrilling MINI ever even more exciting".
Thoughts On The MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition
The new MINI John Cooper Works GP Inspired Edition is a very exclusive limited-version model, paying tribute to the JCW GP. With only 15 units entering the country, it will for sure be an extremely rare and unique addition to a garage.