- 13 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Whatsapp shares 'WhatsApp Status' to users giving assurance on privacy, gets trolled by netizens
- Sports Nets' Harden enters NBA history books with triple-double, Lillard leads Blazers
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
MINI has launched a new limited edition variant called the Sidewalk Edition of its Convertible model in the Indian market. The Convertible Sidewalk Edition is priced at Rs 44.90 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The MINI Convertible Sidewalk Edition is brought to India as (CBU) Completely Built-Up units and is limited to just 15 units for the country. The special limited edition model can be booked exclusively on the brand's online retail platform.
The new MINI Convertible Sidewalk Edition is based on the first special edition of this line which was launched in 2007. It features a host of cosmetic changes inside and out, over the standard Convertible model. The company has given the special edition model an exclusive paint scheme called the Deep Laguna Metallic.
The soft-top electric roof has been carried over from the standard model and opens within 20 seconds. It also features a specially designed 17-inch Scissor Spoke dual-tone alloy wheels. The limited-edition model also features badging of ‘Sidewalk Edition' placed behind the front-wheel arch on both sides.
Other distinctive features of the Sidewalk edition includes door sill finishers made of brushed aluminium, striking bonnet stripes with delicate pinstripes that add to its unique look. It continues to feature the brand signature headlamps and tail lamps setup as well.
On the inside, the Sidewalk features leather seats in ‘Anthracite' with braided piping in ‘Dark Petrol' and accent seams in ‘Energetic Yellow' from the MINI Yours Leather Lounge. The interiors get special illumination to highlight the new cabin giving it a rich and premium feel. Additionally, the steering wheel is wrapped in leather and features a subtle Sidewalk logo and contrast seams.
Mr Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "MINI was born out of a crisis. It's a brave and daring brand that is authentic, inventive and optimistic by nature. It brings people and communities together, offering them unique and unfiltered experiences even in the most extraordinary times. The MINI Convertible Sidewalk Edition is a perfect tribute to the MINI philosophy and the challenges of the current time."
He further added, "MINI has once again created an unmatched combination of the legendary go-kart feeling and open-top driving experience. It celebrates a rich heritage of unfiltered excitement and driving fun. The exclusively crafted elements of this limited edition create moments of pure emotion with unbridled energy. If you're spontaneous, outgoing, and like to live life unfiltered, this is the car for you."
The MINI Convertible Sidewalk Edition is powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo engine. It produces a maximum of 191bhp and a peak torque of 280Nm. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission along with paddle shifters. The car can accelerate from standstill to 100km/h in 7.1 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 230km/h.
The Convertible Sidewalk Edition also features multiple drive modes such as MID mode, Sport mode and Green mode. The MINI Driving Modes enable an individualised vehicle set-up focusing on either ride comfort, sportiness or efficiency, according to preference.
The standard safety equipment comprises on the Sidewalk Edition includes front and passenger airbags, brake assist, three-point seat belts, dynamic stability control, crash sensor, ABS, cornering brake control and run-flat Indicator; among others.
Thoughts About The Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition Launched In India
The Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition is limited to just 15 units in India and makes it extremely desirable for the production run alone. However, the company has also given the limited special edition model subtle touches the enhances the overall look and feel of the car adding to the exclusivity factor.