- 15 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
MG Motor India is looking to launch a new SUV that will be placed below the Hector model in the market. Based on the reports, it is expected to be the ZS petrol-powered SUV. Adding to the speculations, the SUV has been spotted several times in the Indian market.
The latest set of spy images shared by our reader Sachin Dev reveals a completely camouflaged test mule. The SUV was spotted doing its latest round of testing in Bangalore. From spy images, we could notice the split-shaped taillamp design of the ZS SUV. It also sports the MG's round-shaped badge on the boot-lid.
The company is expected to bring the ZS petrol SUV sometime next year. MG Motor India already showcased the ZS petrol SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The MG ZS SUV is already on sale in various international markets. The International-spec ZS is offered with a couple of engine options: the 1.5-litre unit and the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 141Nm. While the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit produces 109.4bhp and 160Nm of torque. The turbo-petrol engine also features a 48V mild-hybrid system.
The transmission options on the global-spec ZS include a five-speed manual gearbox with the naturally aspirated unit. While the petrol-hybrid engine comes paired to a six-speed automatic transmission unit. Whether the company will offer both powertrain options with the India-spec SUV remains to be seen.
Some of the exteriors features of the ZS SUV include MG's signature honeycomb grille, LED headlamps and DRLs, split-style wraparound LED tail lamps, aluminium faux skid plates at both ends and 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels; among others.
On the inside, the ZS features a host of features including an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Other features include rain-sensing wipers, leather upholstery, climate control, a start/stop push button; among others. It is also expected to feature the latest iteration of the brand's i-Smart connectivity technology.
The ZS SUV comes equipped with standard safety features, which includes, ABS with EBD, airbags, hill launch assist; among others. We expect the exterior and interior features of the global-spec models to be carried to India-bound ZS SUV as well.
The MG ZS is expected to be the brand's entry-level offering in the Indian market. As a result, the company will look to price the upcoming SUV aggressively. It could look at localizing of the SUV to support the aggressive pricing as well.
Thoughts About The MG ZS Petrol SUV Spotted Testing In Bangalore Ahead Of Launch
The MG ZS petrol will be launched by the brand to offer a more affordable SUV model over its existing range. With the increase round of testing the ZS could arrive soon in the market. Once launched, it will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the Nissan Kicks; among others in the Indian market.