- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 18 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 20 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- Education HTET Result 2021: Check BSEH HTET Result 2020 Date And Iris Biometric Candidate List
- News Biden-Harris pay tribute to Americans who lost their lives to COVID-19
- Finance SBI, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank In RBI's Too Big To Fail Lenders List Of 2020
- Movies Master Day 7 Box Office Collection: Thalapathy Vijay Starrer Continues Its Reign
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021 Offers On Best Laptops And Desktops
- Sports Tiger Woods undergoes fifth back surgery
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
MG Motor India is looking to launch a new SUV that will be placed below the Hector model in the market. Based on the reports, it is expected to be the ZS petrol-powered SUV. Adding to the speculations, the SUV has been spotted several times in the Indian market.
The latest set of spy images shared by our reader Sachin Dev reveals a completely camouflaged test mule. The SUV was spotted doing its latest round of testing in Bangalore. From spy images, we could notice the split-shaped taillamp design of the ZS SUV. It also sports the MG's round-shaped badge on the boot-lid.
The company is expected to bring the ZS petrol SUV sometime next year. MG Motor India already showcased the ZS petrol SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The MG ZS SUV is already on sale in various international markets. The International-spec ZS is offered with a couple of engine options: the 1.5-litre unit and the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 141Nm. While the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit produces 109.4bhp and 160Nm of torque. The turbo-petrol engine also features a 48V mild-hybrid system.
The transmission options on the global-spec ZS include a five-speed manual gearbox with the naturally aspirated unit. While the petrol-hybrid engine comes paired to a six-speed automatic transmission unit. Whether the company will offer both powertrain options with the India-spec SUV remains to be seen.
Some of the exteriors features of the ZS SUV include MG's signature honeycomb grille, LED headlamps and DRLs, split-style wraparound LED tail lamps, aluminium faux skid plates at both ends and 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels; among others.
On the inside, the ZS features a host of features including an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Other features include rain-sensing wipers, leather upholstery, climate control, a start/stop push button; among others. It is also expected to feature the latest iteration of the brand's i-Smart connectivity technology.
The ZS SUV comes equipped with standard safety features, which includes, ABS with EBD, airbags, hill launch assist; among others. We expect the exterior and interior features of the global-spec models to be carried to India-bound ZS SUV as well.
The MG ZS is expected to be the brand's entry-level offering in the Indian market. As a result, the company will look to price the upcoming SUV aggressively. It could look at localizing of the SUV to support the aggressive pricing as well.
Thoughts About The MG ZS Petrol SUV Spotted Testing In Bangalore Ahead Of Launch
The MG ZS petrol will be launched by the brand to offer a more affordable SUV model over its existing range. With the increase round of testing the ZS could arrive soon in the market. Once launched, it will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the Nissan Kicks; among others in the Indian market.