- 9 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 13 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 14 hrs ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Best Selling Smartphones
- Movies Fahadh Faasil Starts Shooting For Vikram; Shares A Selfie With Kamal Haasan
- News Porn films case: 'Hidden' cupboard containing files of Raj Kundra’s finances found from his office wall
- Education JEE Main 2021 Session 3: Students Affected By Rains In Maharashtra To Get Another Chance
- Sports Tokyo 2020: After Rio debacle, Mirabai Chanu redeems herself at Tokyo
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
- Finance ICICI Bank Reports Q1Fy22 Net Profit At Rs. 4616 crore
- Lifestyle Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
MG Motor India is looking to launch a new SUV that will be placed below the Hector model in the market. Based on the reports, it is expected to be the ZS petrol-powered SUV. Adding to the speculations, the SUV has been spotted several times in the Indian market.
The latest set of spy images shared by our reader Sachin Dev reveals a completely camouflaged test mule. The SUV was spotted doing its latest round of testing in Bangalore. From spy images, we could notice the split-shaped taillamp design of the ZS SUV. It also sports the MG's round-shaped badge on the boot-lid.
The company is expected to bring the ZS petrol SUV sometime next year. MG Motor India already showcased the ZS petrol SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The MG ZS SUV is already on sale in various international markets. The International-spec ZS is offered with a couple of engine options: the 1.5-litre unit and the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 141Nm. While the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit produces 109.4bhp and 160Nm of torque. The turbo-petrol engine also features a 48V mild-hybrid system.
The transmission options on the global-spec ZS include a five-speed manual gearbox with the naturally aspirated unit. While the petrol-hybrid engine comes paired to a six-speed automatic transmission unit. Whether the company will offer both powertrain options with the India-spec SUV remains to be seen.
Some of the exteriors features of the ZS SUV include MG's signature honeycomb grille, LED headlamps and DRLs, split-style wraparound LED tail lamps, aluminium faux skid plates at both ends and 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels; among others.
On the inside, the ZS features a host of features including an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Other features include rain-sensing wipers, leather upholstery, climate control, a start/stop push button; among others. It is also expected to feature the latest iteration of the brand's i-Smart connectivity technology.
The ZS SUV comes equipped with standard safety features, which includes, ABS with EBD, airbags, hill launch assist; among others. We expect the exterior and interior features of the global-spec models to be carried to India-bound ZS SUV as well.
The MG ZS is expected to be the brand's entry-level offering in the Indian market. As a result, the company will look to price the upcoming SUV aggressively. It could look at localizing of the SUV to support the aggressive pricing as well.
Thoughts About The MG ZS Petrol SUV Spotted Testing In Bangalore Ahead Of Launch
The MG ZS petrol will be launched by the brand to offer a more affordable SUV model over its existing range. With the increase round of testing the ZS could arrive soon in the market. Once launched, it will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the Nissan Kicks; among others in the Indian market.