- 1 hr ago Premium Hatchback Sales In April 2021: Tata Altroz Outsells Hyundai i20
- 1 hr ago Renault Offers & Discounts In May 2021: Benefits On Renault Kiger, Kwid, Duster & Triber
- 1 hr ago Honda Has Announced A Cashback Offer On The Purchase Of An Activa 6G: Read More!
- 2 hrs ago KTM Is Working On A New Range Of 750CC Motorcycles: Here Are All The Details!
- Sports Bangladesh's IPL players Shakib, Mustafizur return to Dhaka
- Movies Frank McRae Of License To Kill Fame Passes Away
- News Plea in Bombay High Court seeks Z-plus security for SII CEO Adar Poonawalla
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
- Education Google CEO Sundar Pichai Lays Out ‘Hybrid’ Workplace Model, 20% Staff To Permanently Work From Home
- Lifestyle Mother’s Day 2021: Health Tips For New Moms With Diabetes
- Technology Oppo K9 5G With 90Hz Display, 65W Fast Charging Goes Official; Price, Features
- Finance LIC Revised Working Hours of All Offices, Check New Timings Here
MG Motor India has announced the sales figures for its recently launched ZS EV in the Indian market. The MG ZS EV sales registered a total of 158 units in its first full month. Launched in the first half of January 2020, the ZS EV is offered with a starting price of Rs 20.88 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The SAIC-owned British brand also announced that they have recorded a total of 3000 bookings for the ZS EV in the Indian market — this is higher than the total number of EVs sold in India in 2019.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India, said,
"The MG ZS EV has received a stupendous response in its debut month, with over 150 units delivered to our customers already. Our customers are delighted with our holistic EV approach, which includes the installation of a home or office charger even before they receive their vehicle. We will continue to focus on furthering the cause of EVs month-on-month and delivering superlative customer delight to our customers."
The MG ZS EV is the latest product from the brand in the Indian market. The ZS EV comes with a host of features and equipment while offering a strong performance from its electric motors with an impressive range as well. We have driven the MG ZS EV — here are our first impressions from the drive.
Apart from the sales figures of the MG ZS EV, the company also took the opportunity to announce an update regarding the disruption in production due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Sidana stated that their production has been severely affected in February which is expected to continue into the month of March as well. However, they do expect production and sales to normalise by the end of this month.
Rakesh Sidana stated:
"The unforeseen coronavirus outbreak has severely affected our European and Chinese supply chains, disrupting our production and impacting our sales in February and will continue through March. We are working towards stabilising the situation and are hopeful that reasonable normalcy will be restored by the end of March."
Thoughts On The MG ZS EV Sales In India For February 2020
The MG ZS EV is the country's first Internet-connected electric SUV. The ZS EV is a premium mid-size electric product offering from the brand, which rivals the likes of the Hyundai Kona EV in the Indian market.