- 1 hr ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- Movies Raj Anadkat On TMKOC Completing 3000 Episodes: 'There Will Be Some Grand Dhamakedar Celebrations'
- News Earthquake of 4.6 magnitude hits Delhi-NCR, epicentre in Haryana
- Sports Vanuatu T10 Super League 2020: MyTeam11 Fantasy Tips: Mighty Efate Panthers vs Ifira Sharks
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
MG Motor India has announced the sales figures for its recently launched ZS EV in the Indian market. The MG ZS EV sales registered a total of 158 units in its first full month. Launched in the first half of January 2020, the ZS EV is offered with a starting price of Rs 20.88 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The SAIC-owned British brand also announced that they have recorded a total of 3000 bookings for the ZS EV in the Indian market — this is higher than the total number of EVs sold in India in 2019.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India, said,
"The MG ZS EV has received a stupendous response in its debut month, with over 150 units delivered to our customers already. Our customers are delighted with our holistic EV approach, which includes the installation of a home or office charger even before they receive their vehicle. We will continue to focus on furthering the cause of EVs month-on-month and delivering superlative customer delight to our customers."
The MG ZS EV is the latest product from the brand in the Indian market. The ZS EV comes with a host of features and equipment while offering a strong performance from its electric motors with an impressive range as well. We have driven the MG ZS EV — here are our first impressions from the drive.
Apart from the sales figures of the MG ZS EV, the company also took the opportunity to announce an update regarding the disruption in production due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Sidana stated that their production has been severely affected in February which is expected to continue into the month of March as well. However, they do expect production and sales to normalise by the end of this month.
Rakesh Sidana stated:
"The unforeseen coronavirus outbreak has severely affected our European and Chinese supply chains, disrupting our production and impacting our sales in February and will continue through March. We are working towards stabilising the situation and are hopeful that reasonable normalcy will be restored by the end of March."
Thoughts On The MG ZS EV Sales In India For February 2020
The MG ZS EV is the country's first Internet-connected electric SUV. The ZS EV is a premium mid-size electric product offering from the brand, which rivals the likes of the Hyundai Kona EV in the Indian market.