- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 7 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 8 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 9 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Turns Playback Singer For Hey Sinamika; Pictures Take Social Media By Storm!
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
MG Motor India has expanded its ZS EV electric-SUV sales across 10 new cities in the Indian market. The company has announced adding new cities to the sales list after the 1,000th unit of the ZS EV rolled-out in the country.
The new cities include Nagpur, Lucknow, Agra, Dehradun, Ludhiana, Kolkata, Aurangabad, Indore, Coimbatore and Vizag. The sales expansion now reach a total of 21 cities as the operations are already underway in 11 cities across India.
The company will commence pre-bookings from today, at a booking price of Rs. 50,000, at dealerships across these cities and on the MG Motor India website (mgmotor.co.in). MG will simultaneously develop the EV ecosystem across these cities by deploying superfast charging infrastructure and extending on-road charging facilities.
Commenting on the expansion, Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India, said, "India is today taking steps in the right direction in the green energy and infrastructure space and we appreciate the recent steps taken by our central and state government in the field of EVs. These steps will contribute to an increased demand for EVs in India in the long-term. In the light of these developments, we are delighted to initiate the next phase of our ZS EV expansion which will work towards driving superior EV adoption in the country."
The company is offering five various way to charge their ZS EV electric-SUV including an onboard cable to charge anywhere. Alternatively, customers can also get an AC fast charger installed at their homes/offices, free of cost, through MG's association with eChargeBays.
MG Motor India has active partnerships with TATA Power and Finland-based Clean Energy major Fortum for the development and maintenance of fast-charging stations across the country. All MG dealerships are further equipped with CCS/CHAdeMO fast-charging standards, available to all compatible EVs.
The carmaker has also partnered with Fortum Charge & Drive India to set up 10 DC 50 kW super-fast charging stations at select MG showrooms in five cities. In addition to this, MG Motor India has created an extended charging network via MG dealerships in select satellite cities along key routes. ZS EV customers are also provided with a unique charge-on-the-go with (RSA) Road-Side Assistance by the company.
Speaking about the specs of the MG ZS EV, the electric-SUV features a 3-phase permanent magnet mated to a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. It electric-powertrain produces 141bhp and 353Nm of peak torque. The ZS EV offers a maximum driving range of 340km on a single charge.
The charge times for ZS EV via a home charger are rated between 6 to 7 hours to charge up to 80 per cent. While charing the SUV through a 50kW DC fast-charger can charge the batteries from 0 to 80% in just 50 mins.
The electric SUV also features three-levels of regenerative braking technology, which charges the batteries while braking that results in an increased driving range.
Thoughts About The MG ZS EV Launched In New Cities
The company has rolled-out its 1,000th ZS EV model in India. To commemorate the achievement in a short span, the company has extended its sales operations to new cities across India. With operations starting at new locations, the sales numbers of the ZS EV will only increase in the coming months in the country.