- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
MG Motor India has launched the ZS EV in the Indian market. The all-new MG ZS EV is the country's first pure-electric internet SUV and is also the brand's second product after the Hector. The MG ZS EV is offered in two variants with a starting price of Rs 20.88 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
MG Motors opened bookings for the ZS EV in India a while back. The electric SUV received an overwhelming response with 2,800 registered bookings within 27 days. The company announced that all customers who booked the ZS EV on or before the 17th of January 2020 will get special inaugural pricing starting at Rs 19.88 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Customers who book the electric SUV now will have to pay Rs 20.88 lakh for the base ‘Excite' and Rs 23.58 lakh for the top-spec ‘Exclusive'. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Deliveries for the MG ZS EV is said to begin soon, with the electric SUV being made available only in five cities initially. This includes Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad & Mumbai.
The MG ZS EV comes with a host of features and equipment. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and connected car technology as well. Other features include digital instrument cluster, LED headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, keyless entry, push-button start/stop; to name a few.
We got to drive the MG ZS EV ahead of its launch recently and came out extremely impressed with the electric SUV and what it has to offer — read our detailed review here.
The MG ZS EV comes powered by a 3-phase permanent magnet mated to a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. It produces 141bhp and 353Nm of peak torque and offers a maximum range of 340km on a single charge. MG also offers the ZS EV with a standard charging station complementary with the electric SUV, which will be set up at the customer's house.
MG will also set up fast-charging stations across the cities, which allows for a 0 - 80% charge in just an hours time. Along with this, select company dealerships will also have 50kW DC fast-charging stations as well.
Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India, stated:
"The ZS EV is a globally-successful product that operates at the intersection of an EV's sustainability, an SUV's practicality, and a sports car's performance. It comes with best-in-class features and tech capabilities at a compelling price point. We are confident that this unprecedented value proposition will incentivise more consumers across India to go electric. We will continue to strengthen the Indian EV landscape, as we offer the best of EV technology and act as the catalyst for the country's nascent EV market by providing a complete, end-to-end ecosystem."
Thoughts On The MG ZS EV In India
The MG ZS EV is the country's first pure-electric internet SUV and the second product from the British brand. The MG ZS EV rivals the likes of the Hyundai Kona EV in the Indian market.