- 15 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 17 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 1 day ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Movies Mohanlal Was Not The Original Choice For Devadoothan, Reveals Sibi Malayil!
- Sports Sullivan enjoys home comforts at English Championship
- News Kerala plane crash: 14 passengers critical; probe under way to determine exact cause
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Morris Garages' new electric vehicle, the MG ZS EV SUV is all set to launch in India on January 27, 2020. MG has already started accepting bookings for the ZS EV which can be done either online or through select dealerships for an amount of Rs 50,000.
The MG ZS EV will be the second offering from the company's portfolio, after the Hector, which has received an overwhelming response since its launch in the Indian market. Once launched, the MG ZS EV will be available initially in only in five cities: Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai.
The MG ZS EV gets signature omega-shaped LED DRLs, around the front projector headlamps with integrated turn signal lights. The SUV also gets a large chrome-studded concave grille, featuring the brand's logo at the centre which slides up to reveal the neatly integrated charging port underneath.
Inside, the SUV gets an all blacked-out theme for the dashboard along with silver highlights. MG has offered the ZS EV with soft-touch premium materials all around as well. It also gets an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
The infotainment screen also comes built-in with MG's i-Smart 2.0. Standard features also include 17-inch alloy wheels, electronic parking brake and a tyre pressure monitoring system.
The MG ZS EV once launched in India will be offered in two variants: Excite & Exclusive. Powering the SUV will be the same 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery, paired to a 3-phase permanent magnet electric motor. The electric motor with the batteries produce 141bhp and 353Nm of torque, mated to an automatic transmission.
As far as the range is concerned, MG has claimed a maximum range of 340km on a single charge from the batteries. The ZS EV also comes with fast-charging technology as standard, which can charge the batteries from 0 to 80% in a little less than an hour's time (50 minutes approx).
Thoughts On The MG ZS EV Launch Date In India
After MG launches the ZS EV, we are expecting that the crowd will be drawn towards the new SUV as it did to the Hector, especially the top-spec ‘Exclusive' variant which comes with all the bells and whistles and many of them are first-in-segment features as well. Once launched, the MG ZS EV will lock horns with its only rival, the Hyundai Kona EV in India.