- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 7 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- Sports Tata Open Maharashtra: 30 ball kids selected to participate in the third edition
- News Controversy over birthplace of Saibaba resolved after Uddhav Thackeray hold meeting
- Movies SP Balasubrahmanyam To Sing A Special Track For Puneeth Rajkumar’s Maya Bazaar
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Technology Jio Working On UPI Payments Via MyJio App To Compete With Google Pay
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Morris Garages' new electric vehicle, the MG ZS EV SUV is all set to launch in India on January 27, 2020. MG has already started accepting bookings for the ZS EV which can be done either online or through select dealerships for an amount of Rs 50,000.
The MG ZS EV will be the second offering from the company's portfolio, after the Hector, which has received an overwhelming response since its launch in the Indian market. Once launched, the MG ZS EV will be available initially in only in five cities: Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai.
The MG ZS EV gets signature omega-shaped LED DRLs, around the front projector headlamps with integrated turn signal lights. The SUV also gets a large chrome-studded concave grille, featuring the brand's logo at the centre which slides up to reveal the neatly integrated charging port underneath.
Inside, the SUV gets an all blacked-out theme for the dashboard along with silver highlights. MG has offered the ZS EV with soft-touch premium materials all around as well. It also gets an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
The infotainment screen also comes built-in with MG's i-Smart 2.0. Standard features also include 17-inch alloy wheels, electronic parking brake and a tyre pressure monitoring system.
The MG ZS EV once launched in India will be offered in two variants: Excite & Exclusive. Powering the SUV will be the same 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery, paired to a 3-phase permanent magnet electric motor. The electric motor with the batteries produce 141bhp and 353Nm of torque, mated to an automatic transmission.
As far as the range is concerned, MG has claimed a maximum range of 340km on a single charge from the batteries. The ZS EV also comes with fast-charging technology as standard, which can charge the batteries from 0 to 80% in a little less than an hour's time (50 minutes approx).
Thoughts On The MG ZS EV Launch Date In India
After MG launches the ZS EV, we are expecting that the crowd will be drawn towards the new SUV as it did to the Hector, especially the top-spec ‘Exclusive' variant which comes with all the bells and whistles and many of them are first-in-segment features as well. Once launched, the MG ZS EV will lock horns with its only rival, the Hyundai Kona EV in India.