- 6 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
MG Motor India has announced that the company has registered 0 units of sales in the month of April 2020. This is mainly due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown, which has been in effect in India since the 24th of March 2020.
Due to the nationwide lockdown, all operations such as production, sales and service have been shut down since the last week of March 2020. MG Motor has stated that partial operations have resumed at its Halol plant in Gujarat, since the last week of April 2020.
The company is now working on the local supply-chain support. MG Motor India hopes to rapidly scale-up production in the month of May. However, the company will be working as per new norms, which includes sanitisation and social distancing.
MG Motor India stated that currently, their prime focus is on the health and well-being of its entire workforce. The company will be providing training to follow all safety measures for its entire workforce, including its dealer employees and new SOP.
MG Motor India currently sells two products in the Indian market, the Hector and the ZS EV. During the month of March 2020, the company registered 1,1512 units of sales. Of the total, 1,402 units of sales came from the Hector while the remaining 116 units were from the ZS EV.
The MG Hector was launched in India, sometime in mid-2019. The SUV has done well in the Indian market and has received an overwhelming response. The company has been registering an average sales of close to 2000 units of the Hector since its launch.
The second product from the brand is the ZS EV. The electric SUV was introduced in the Indian market in January 2020 and offers a host of features and connected technology, while also offering an efficient electric powertrain with a good driving range as well.
MG Motor is now working on introducing its third product in the Indian market, the Hector Plus. The MG Hector Plus is essentially a seven-seater version of the current SUV on sale.
MG Motor India has confirmed that even amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the company plans to go ahead with its launch plans.
Apart from the MG Hector Plus, the company has also scheduled the introduction of the Gloster for India, sometime during the 2020 festive season.
Thoughts About MG Motor India Sales Report For April 2020
MG Motor India similar to many other vehicle manufacturers have registered 0 units of sales in the market, during the month of April 2020. Although production has slowly started to resume in the auto industry, we expect the sales to be low in the next couple of months as well.