- 51 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Sports India vs England: Axar Patel picks up second consecutive fifer in Pink Ball Test, claims unique feat
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, India is currently facing a lockdown situation. The lockdown was supposed to lift-off on April 15 but seeing the situation, our Prime Minister has extended it till May 3, 2020. Automobile manufacturers are facing a lot of issues due to the curfew, many of them have launched some of their offerings silently to keep the sales going.
However, Mg Motors has confirmed that they will be launching the Hector Plus SUV in June, which was scheduled for April. This news was confirmed by Autocar India when they had a conversation with Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India on the #LivewithAutocar session on Instagram.
Rajeev stated that "We could have surprised everyone by launching it in April, but now April is ruled out. So we are on track to launch it in June. It has been delayed, but we said June earlier, so we are keeping some margin with us, so in June we should be launching it."
MG already showcased the Hector Plus SUV at the Auto Expo a few months back. As the name suggests, the Hector Plus is a more premium six or seven-seater version of the popular Hector SUV which is already on sale in india. At the front, the SUV comes with black-finish below the LED DRLs and around the blacked-out front grille. However, the design of the main headlamp and fog lamp unit positioned on the front bumper have slightly changed.
The overall design of the Hector Plus remains more or less the same as the Hector SUV, with few tweaks. Mechanically, the new Hector Plus SUV will be powered by both petrol and diesel engines. The 1.5-litre turbo petrol BS6 unit which also powers the current Hector SUV produces 115bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque.
MG recently launched the BS6 version of its diesel unit for the Hector SUV, which will also power the Hector Plus. The engine is the same 2.0-litre Fiat-sourced diesel engine which continues to pump out 168.4bhp of power and 350Nm of peak torque (figures remain same as the BS4 motor). The engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox only.
Thoughts On The Hector Plus SUV
The Hector Plus will offer more seating capacity compared to the current Hector SUV. Once launched, the Hector plus will go up against the likes of the Mahindra Alturas G4, Ford Endeavour, and the Toyota Fortuner.