- 39 min ago Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- 1 hr ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- Sports Coronavirus: Premier League clubs cleared for contact training by UK government
- Technology Realme X3 SuperZoom Teaser Reveals Snapdragon 855+ Chipset Ahead Of Launch
- Movies Karan Johar, Akshay Kumar Unite For Video Tribute To Frontline Workers: You Are Real Heroes
- News Domestic flights resume after two months; many say flights cancelled without notice
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, India is currently facing a lockdown situation. The lockdown was supposed to lift-off on April 15 but seeing the situation, our Prime Minister has extended it till May 3, 2020. Automobile manufacturers are facing a lot of issues due to the curfew, many of them have launched some of their offerings silently to keep the sales going.
However, Mg Motors has confirmed that they will be launching the Hector Plus SUV in June, which was scheduled for April. This news was confirmed by Autocar India when they had a conversation with Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India on the #LivewithAutocar session on Instagram.
Rajeev stated that "We could have surprised everyone by launching it in April, but now April is ruled out. So we are on track to launch it in June. It has been delayed, but we said June earlier, so we are keeping some margin with us, so in June we should be launching it."
MG already showcased the Hector Plus SUV at the Auto Expo a few months back. As the name suggests, the Hector Plus is a more premium six or seven-seater version of the popular Hector SUV which is already on sale in india. At the front, the SUV comes with black-finish below the LED DRLs and around the blacked-out front grille. However, the design of the main headlamp and fog lamp unit positioned on the front bumper have slightly changed.
The overall design of the Hector Plus remains more or less the same as the Hector SUV, with few tweaks. Mechanically, the new Hector Plus SUV will be powered by both petrol and diesel engines. The 1.5-litre turbo petrol BS6 unit which also powers the current Hector SUV produces 115bhp of power and 250Nm of peak torque.
MG recently launched the BS6 version of its diesel unit for the Hector SUV, which will also power the Hector Plus. The engine is the same 2.0-litre Fiat-sourced diesel engine which continues to pump out 168.4bhp of power and 350Nm of peak torque (figures remain same as the BS4 motor). The engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox only.
Thoughts On The Hector Plus SUV
The Hector Plus will offer more seating capacity compared to the current Hector SUV. Once launched, the Hector plus will go up against the likes of the Mahindra Alturas G4, Ford Endeavour, and the Toyota Fortuner.