- 1 hr ago Bengaluru Traffic Police Announces Rs 500 Fine For Two-Wheelers Without Rear-View Mirrors & Indicators
- 1 day ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- Finance SBI Is Offering 0.25% Concession On Car Loan: Check How To Avail Here
- Movies Hansika Motwani Recreates Hilarious Meme On Rakhi Sawant From Bigg Boss 14 By Yashraj Mukhate
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs SRH: Nitish Rana and secret of 'Brown Munde' celebration after 50 for Kolkata Knight Riders
- News Sharad Pawar undergoes gall bladder surgery in Mumbai
- Technology DoT Issues Show-Cause Notice To Vi Over Licence Fee Dues
- Education Karnataka: No Summer Vacation This Year, Exams To Go On As Per Schedule
- Lifestyle Somvati Amavasya 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
MG Motor is expected to launch its fourth offering, the Gloster SUV, in the Indian Market around the festival of Diwali this year. This will be the first Level-1 autonomous SUV from the company. However, the company has introduced the 'MY MG SHIELD', which is India's first personalized car ownership program for the Gloster SUV.
Speaking on the launch of MY MG SHIELD, Rajeev Chaba, President & Managing Director, MG Motor India, said, "At MG, we understand that everyone has different requirements for their car. This philosophy is at the heart of MY MG SHIELD which is a personalized and flexible ownership package that helps customers choose their desired after-sales requirement depending on their preferences. The program helps our customers step into a new era of hyper personalization, with 200+ options to choose from."
So what exactly is this My MG Shield program? Well, through this program customers who will purchase the Gloster will be provided flexible after-sales needs based on the ownership period, kilometres covered and other preferences. The program also has 200 combinations in warranty, road-side assistance (RSA), maintenance, residual value assurance, accessories, merchandise etc.
The Gloster will come with a standard 3+3+3 package i.e. warranty of three years/100,000kms, three years roadside assistance and three labour-free periodic services. However, under the My MG Shield package, customers can further enhance their ownership packager as per their requirements.
The company is also offering another first of kind package, where the Gloster customers would be extended Rs. 50,000 to customize their preferences. In case the choice of the customers exceeds the above amount, they will have to pay the remaining amount.
Furthermore, this amount cannot be redeemed for any cash discount. The company is also accepting pre-launch bookings for the SUV at Rs 1 lakh. The Gloster will be available in four variants: Super, Sharp, Smart and the top-end Savvy.
Mechanically the Gloster will be powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine. It produces 216bhp of power and 480Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. On the other hand, it will also feature a single turbo variant that will produce 162bhp of power and 375Nm of peak torque, with the same gearbox.
Thoughts About The My MG Shield Initiative By The Company
Through the My MG Shield package, customers will be able to avail a lot of benefits on buying the MG Gloster. Once launched, the Gloster SUV will go up against the likes of the Mahindra Alturas G4, Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.