- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 3 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 4 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Highest number of COVID-19 vaccines administered in UP on first day of inoculation
- Sports Nets' Harden enters NBA history books with triple-double, Lillard leads Blazers
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
MG Motor is expected to launch its fourth offering, the Gloster SUV, in the Indian Market around the festival of Diwali this year. This will be the first Level-1 autonomous SUV from the company. However, the company has introduced the 'MY MG SHIELD', which is India's first personalized car ownership program for the Gloster SUV.
Speaking on the launch of MY MG SHIELD, Rajeev Chaba, President & Managing Director, MG Motor India, said, "At MG, we understand that everyone has different requirements for their car. This philosophy is at the heart of MY MG SHIELD which is a personalized and flexible ownership package that helps customers choose their desired after-sales requirement depending on their preferences. The program helps our customers step into a new era of hyper personalization, with 200+ options to choose from."
So what exactly is this My MG Shield program? Well, through this program customers who will purchase the Gloster will be provided flexible after-sales needs based on the ownership period, kilometres covered and other preferences. The program also has 200 combinations in warranty, road-side assistance (RSA), maintenance, residual value assurance, accessories, merchandise etc.
The Gloster will come with a standard 3+3+3 package i.e. warranty of three years/100,000kms, three years roadside assistance and three labour-free periodic services. However, under the My MG Shield package, customers can further enhance their ownership packager as per their requirements.
The company is also offering another first of kind package, where the Gloster customers would be extended Rs. 50,000 to customize their preferences. In case the choice of the customers exceeds the above amount, they will have to pay the remaining amount.
Furthermore, this amount cannot be redeemed for any cash discount. The company is also accepting pre-launch bookings for the SUV at Rs 1 lakh. The Gloster will be available in four variants: Super, Sharp, Smart and the top-end Savvy.
Mechanically the Gloster will be powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine. It produces 216bhp of power and 480Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. On the other hand, it will also feature a single turbo variant that will produce 162bhp of power and 375Nm of peak torque, with the same gearbox.
Thoughts About The My MG Shield Initiative By The Company
Through the My MG Shield package, customers will be able to avail a lot of benefits on buying the MG Gloster. Once launched, the Gloster SUV will go up against the likes of the Mahindra Alturas G4, Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.