- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Denies Rumor Of Selling Passenger Vehicle Business
- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kodiaq TSI India Launch Delayed: Will Arrive In 2021
- 4 hrs ago Honda Offers Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits On Select Models In August 2020
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Indian hockey team can make mark in the big event: Raghunath
- Movies Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Actor Sameer Sharma Allegedly Passed Away By Suicide
- Finance RBI Expects GDP To Be Negative For 2020-21
- Technology OnePlus Nord Gets Oxygen OS Update; New Features To Check Out
- Lifestyle Made In Heaven And Raat Akeli Hai Actress Shivani Raghuvanshi’s Distinctive Fashion Game Decoded
- News RBI Monetary Policy: RBI keeps repo rate unchanged; Here are the Highlights
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
MG Motor India has announced its support towards the government's fight against the coronavirus outbreak in the country. The company announced that they would be donating a total amount of Rs 2 crore to aid the efforts being made to stop the Covid-19 spread in India.
MG Motor India stated that they realised the huge resources required by the government of India to fight the deadly virus. Hence, the company has decided to do their part by contributing Rs 2 crore. The money will be used by government hospitals and other health institutions in Gurugram and Vadodara.
The money will allow hospitals and health institutions to acquire much-required medical equipment. This includes masks, gloves medicines, beds and ventilators; among any other medical assistance required as well.
MG Motor also stated that out of the total amount, the company will directly be contributing a sum of Rs 1 crore. While employees of the company have further pledged to donate another Rs 1 crore towards the cause.
The company is also ensuring the safety of its own employees as well. MG Motors recently announced that they have been ensuring the cars, both at the showroom and the ones available for test drives have been disinfected. The brand has also announced that they are providing enhanced insurance covers for their 5000 employees across India as well.
The Coronavirus outbreak has impacted the automotive industry significantly. Most four and two-wheeler brands have suspended production until further notice. Some brands have also announced the production of medical equipment to support hospitals and health institutions to fight the deadly virus.
The government of India has announced a complete lockdown for a period of 21 days, starting from the 25th March 2020. All brand dealerships, service stations across the country have been shut, with only the essential services available.
The companies are also facing a serious problem with their leftover BS4 vehicle stocks. With the complete lockdown in India, sales of their BS4 models ahead of the BS6-implementation deadline will not happen. This has caused over Rs 6,400 Crore worth of BS4 vehicles unsold — here are all the details.
Thoughts On MG Motors India Making A Huge Donation
It is good to see major car manufacturers come together during this time to support the government and medical staff fight the Covid-19 outbreak in India.