- 13 hrs ago Car Sales Report For March 2020: Hyundai India registers A 41% Decline In Sales
- 14 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Extension Of Free Service & Warranty Periods For Two And Three Wheelers
- 15 hrs ago Madhuri Dixit’s Innova Crysta Modified By DC Designs With Ultra Luxury Interiors
- 15 hrs ago Honda India Foundation Pledges Rs 11 Crore To Fight Covid-19 Pandemic
- Movies Kapil Sharma Birthday Special: 5 Jokes Of Kapil That Prove He Is Undisputed Comedy King
- Lifestyle Navami 2020: Know What Happened In Ayodhya During Rama’s 14 Years Of Exile
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Premium Smartphones Running Android 10 Right Now
- News COVID-19: India reports 437 cases in 24 hours, 1,834 people infected
- Sports Coronavirus: US Open organisers push ahead with slam plans after Wimbledon blow
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In April
- Finance RBI's Moratorium On Credit Card Dues: Should You Avail It?
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
MG Motor India has announced its support towards the government's fight against the coronavirus outbreak in the country. The company announced that they would be donating a total amount of Rs 2 crore to aid the efforts being made to stop the Covid-19 spread in India.
MG Motor India stated that they realised the huge resources required by the government of India to fight the deadly virus. Hence, the company has decided to do their part by contributing Rs 2 crore. The money will be used by government hospitals and other health institutions in Gurugram and Vadodara.
The money will allow hospitals and health institutions to acquire much-required medical equipment. This includes masks, gloves medicines, beds and ventilators; among any other medical assistance required as well.
MG Motor also stated that out of the total amount, the company will directly be contributing a sum of Rs 1 crore. While employees of the company have further pledged to donate another Rs 1 crore towards the cause.
The company is also ensuring the safety of its own employees as well. MG Motors recently announced that they have been ensuring the cars, both at the showroom and the ones available for test drives have been disinfected. The brand has also announced that they are providing enhanced insurance covers for their 5000 employees across India as well.
The Coronavirus outbreak has impacted the automotive industry significantly. Most four and two-wheeler brands have suspended production until further notice. Some brands have also announced the production of medical equipment to support hospitals and health institutions to fight the deadly virus.
The government of India has announced a complete lockdown for a period of 21 days, starting from the 25th March 2020. All brand dealerships, service stations across the country have been shut, with only the essential services available.
The companies are also facing a serious problem with their leftover BS4 vehicle stocks. With the complete lockdown in India, sales of their BS4 models ahead of the BS6-implementation deadline will not happen. This has caused over Rs 6,400 Crore worth of BS4 vehicles unsold — here are all the details.
Thoughts On MG Motors India Making A Huge Donation
It is good to see major car manufacturers come together during this time to support the government and medical staff fight the Covid-19 outbreak in India.