- 7 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 8 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 9 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- Education SSC GD Constable Result 2018: Check Final Result PDF, Merit List And Cut-off
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 21 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Engage In War Of Words, Rakhi Gets Punished
- News Mood of The Nation: 73% polled Indians believe PM Modi handled Covid pandemic well
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
MG Motor India has announced that they have registered 710 units of sales in the month of May 2020. The triple-digit sales figures in the previous month are mainly due to the supply chain constraints faced by the brand, upon restarting production operations in the country.
The carmaker recently resumed operations at its Halol plant in Gujarat. The manufacturing facility is said to be currently working at just 30 per cent production capacity. MG Motor has also reopened sales and service operations across most parts of India, apart from those in the containment zones.
All the showrooms which have begun operations are working under reduced manpower, with all safety and social distancing protocols being adhered to strictly. Currently, only 65 per cent of the company's dealerships and service stations are said to be operational.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India, said,
"Supply chain disruption coupled with stricter credit financing along with non-operation of some dealerships due to the lockdown have impacted our sales in May. The production loss notwithstanding, our front-end retail operations continue to operate with less-than-normal staff strength."
"At these times, we remain connected with our customers waiting for delivery of the Hector and continue to prioritize deliveries with supply chain improvements in June. We hope to restore normalcy from July onwards. All of our vehicles' stocks across channels and dealership inventory are BS-VI units."
Apart from the restart of operations, MG Motor India recently also introduced ‘Phase 2' of its expansion plans in the Indian market. As part of these new plans, MG Motor will be introducing its electric SUV offering, the ZS EV in six new cities across the country from the beginning of June 2020. This includes Pune, Surat, Cochin, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Chennai — which expands the ZS EV's presence in 11 markets across India.
Thoughts About MG Motor Car Sales Report For May 2020
The lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic has had a major effect on vehicle sales in the country. Vehicle manufacturers predict the market will take a good couple of months to regain the demand and near-normalcy. MG Motor has however, confirmed to carry forward its plans of introducing two new models in the Indian market in the coming months.