- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 16 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News NIA takes over probe into assassination of Shaurya Chakra awardee by Khalistan terrorists
- Technology Flipkart Mobile Bonanza 2021 Offers On Narzo 20, Realme 7 Pro, Realme 6 Pro, Realme C3 And More
- Sports Manchester United 1-2 Sheffield United: Burke deals huge blow in Premier League title race
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
MG Motor India has announced its sales report for the month of June 2020. As per the reports, the company has registered total sales of 2,012 units in the previous month. This, although doesn't seem much, is still a drastic improvement compared to May 2020, when sales stood at just 710 units.
Of the total 2,012 units, the Hector SUV registered 1,867 units while the ZS EV sales stood at 145 units. The company stated that post the ease in lockdown regulations, they have witnessed increasing traction for both their products, with sales expected to normalise soon.
However, the company states that even though sales have improved compared to May 2020, MG Motor is still facing multiple issues with logistics and supply chain. These issues are currently being resolved very soon.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India said,
"Even though our sales performance in June 2020 was better than May this year, we continue to face headwinds in supply chain and logistics due to multiple issues. Our teams are doing their best to overcome these challenges and we are looking forward to the launch of the Hector Plus in July 2020."
MG Motor is currently working on introducing its third model in the Indian market, the Hector Plus. This new SUV is essentially an extended version of the five-seater Hector model, sold in the country. The new MG Hector Plus is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime this month (July) itself.
The new MG Hector Plus is now listed on the company website as well. The SUV has been spied testing on the streets of India on multiple occasions and once launched is said to take on the Toyota Innova Crysta MPV.
Thoughts On The MG Motor Sales Report For June 2020
MG Motor India has been witnessing a steady rise in demand for their models in the Indian market, since the end of May 2020. The company expects the sales trend to get back to near-normalcy in the coming months. The introduction of the Hector Plus model is further expected to help boost sales for the brand in the Indian market.