- 6 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- Technology OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition Bold Black Color Option Launched: Where To Buy?
- News ED files money laundering case against former Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh
- Movies Soha Ali Khan On Kareena And Saif's Second Son: Inaaya Is Going To Be An Amazing Older Sister
- Sports Curry's Warriors take down NBA-leading Jazz, Westbrook enters record books
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
MG Motor has installed the first 60 kW Superfast public EV charging station at its dealership in Coimbatore. The installation is a part of a partnership between MG and Tata Power for the deployment of DC Superfast Charging Stations across the country.
The public charger will be available 24x7 for customers and comes with CCS/CHAdeMO fast-charging standards. It is in line with the company's commitment to providing a 5-way charging ecosystem to its MG ZS EV customers.
Tata Power has established an elaborate EV charging ecosystem with 270+ charging points across 26 different cities under the EZ Charge brand. The company also provides a robust digital platform to facilitate an easy & smooth customer experience.
MG ZS EV customers can charge their SUV from 0 to 80 per cent in 50 minutes using a DC fast charger installed in the city. Other charging options provided by the company for ZS EV customers include free-of-cost AC fast-charger (installed at the customer's home/office), extended charging network, a plug-and-charge cable onboard, and charge-on-the-go with RSA (Roadside Assistance).
Speaking about the specs of the MG ZS EV, the electric-SUV features a 3-phase permanent magnet mated to a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The e-powertrain produces 141bhp and 353Nm of peak torque. The ZS EV offers a maximum driving range of 340km on a single charge and can accelarate from 0 to 100kmph in 8.5 seconds.
MG has delivered more than 1,100 ZS EVs in less than a year. The ZS EV comes with the "eShield" for privately registered cars. This includes a free-of-charge 5-year manufacturer warranty for unlimited kilometres on the car, 8 yrs/150,000 km warranty on the battery, and round-the-clock roadside assistance (RSA) for 5 years.
Speaking on the inauguration, Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India, said, "Coimbatore is a key industrial hub of India, as our nation moves towards its green and sustainable future, it calls India's business leaders and industry veterans to actively participate and drive the much-needed change. We are delighted to launch Coimbatore's first superfast public charging station at our dealership that will facilitate the same."
Commenting on the inauguration, Mr Rajesh Naik, Chief - New Business Services, Tata Power said, "We are proud and happy to present Coimbatore with its first 60 kW EV Charging Station in association with MG Motor India. Our endeavour is to build a decent ecosystem for our potential EV customers in the future. As India moves towards the adoption of sustainable practices, we will continue to provide customers with the best sustainable energy solutions and look forward to quickly add more cities to this exciting transformation."
Thoughts About MG Installing First 60kW Public DC Fast Charger In Coimbatore
MG Motor India has committed itself towards the improvement of the electric vehicle ecosystem in the country. The company has installed the fast charging station across various cities in the country and is available of other EV users as well. The DC fast charger will juice up the EVs faster making it more practical for the users.