- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 19 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly in hospital again weeks after surgery
- Technology Amazon Upto 70% Off On Boat Headphones, Speakers, Home Theaters And More
- Movies Splitsvilla 13: Ace Of Space Fame Nikita Bhamidipati Confirmed As One Of The Contestants
- News Sourav Ganguly unwell, taken to Apollo Hospital in Kolkata
- Finance Route Mobile Up 100% Since Listing As FPIs Up Stake
- Lifestyle Rasika Dugal And Kirti Kulhari Have Flared Dress Goals For Us And Styling Lessons Too!
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
MG Motor has installed the first 60 kW Superfast public EV charging station at its dealership in Coimbatore. The installation is a part of a partnership between MG and Tata Power for the deployment of DC Superfast Charging Stations across the country.
The public charger will be available 24x7 for customers and comes with CCS/CHAdeMO fast-charging standards. It is in line with the company's commitment to providing a 5-way charging ecosystem to its MG ZS EV customers.
Tata Power has established an elaborate EV charging ecosystem with 270+ charging points across 26 different cities under the EZ Charge brand. The company also provides a robust digital platform to facilitate an easy & smooth customer experience.
MG ZS EV customers can charge their SUV from 0 to 80 per cent in 50 minutes using a DC fast charger installed in the city. Other charging options provided by the company for ZS EV customers include free-of-cost AC fast-charger (installed at the customer's home/office), extended charging network, a plug-and-charge cable onboard, and charge-on-the-go with RSA (Roadside Assistance).
Speaking about the specs of the MG ZS EV, the electric-SUV features a 3-phase permanent magnet mated to a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The e-powertrain produces 141bhp and 353Nm of peak torque. The ZS EV offers a maximum driving range of 340km on a single charge and can accelarate from 0 to 100kmph in 8.5 seconds.
MG has delivered more than 1,100 ZS EVs in less than a year. The ZS EV comes with the "eShield" for privately registered cars. This includes a free-of-charge 5-year manufacturer warranty for unlimited kilometres on the car, 8 yrs/150,000 km warranty on the battery, and round-the-clock roadside assistance (RSA) for 5 years.
Speaking on the inauguration, Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India, said, "Coimbatore is a key industrial hub of India, as our nation moves towards its green and sustainable future, it calls India's business leaders and industry veterans to actively participate and drive the much-needed change. We are delighted to launch Coimbatore's first superfast public charging station at our dealership that will facilitate the same."
Commenting on the inauguration, Mr Rajesh Naik, Chief - New Business Services, Tata Power said, "We are proud and happy to present Coimbatore with its first 60 kW EV Charging Station in association with MG Motor India. Our endeavour is to build a decent ecosystem for our potential EV customers in the future. As India moves towards the adoption of sustainable practices, we will continue to provide customers with the best sustainable energy solutions and look forward to quickly add more cities to this exciting transformation."
Thoughts About MG Installing First 60kW Public DC Fast Charger In Coimbatore
MG Motor India has committed itself towards the improvement of the electric vehicle ecosystem in the country. The company has installed the fast charging station across various cities in the country and is available of other EV users as well. The DC fast charger will juice up the EVs faster making it more practical for the users.