- 1 hr ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- 17 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Still Regrets Promoting Skin Lightening Products!
- Technology Realme X7, X7 Pro India Launch Confirmed For February 4
- News Covaxin vaccine works against new UK COVID strain: ICMR
- Finance Auto Shares Decline As Govt Proposes Green Tax On Old Vehicles
- Sports World No.2 Argentina beat Indian Women's Hockey Team 3-2; Sharmila and Gurjit Kaur score for India
- Lifestyle Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal Give Picture Perfect Poses On Their Mehendi Ceremony In Pristine White Outfits
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
MG Motor India has launched a 60 kW Superfast EV charging station in Agra. The company has partnered with Tata Power to install the new fast charger in the city. The public charging station was inaugurated at MG Agra Showroom as a part of #NHforEV2020 tech trial run flagged off in Delhi.
The city has received its first public fast-charging station, which will help boost sales of EVs across the city. The public charger will be available 24x7 for customers and comes with CCS/CHAdeMO fast-charging standards.
The inauguration came as an extension of the Tech Trial Run conducted from Delhi to Agra, which was flagged off by senior government dignitaries at India Gate on 25th November 2020. The electric vehicle run was conducted on the Yamuna Expressway as an e-corridor for public EV transit between Delhi and Agra.
A distance of approximately 233.1 kilometres was covered travelling from Delhi to Agra via the Yamuna Expressway. The trial is run primarily focuses on the charging infrastructure as well as roadside assistance services along the popular tourist route. The EV Tech Trial run will help assess the feasibility for taking EV on longer journeys across various locations in India.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India, said, "The launch of the EV trial run from Delhi to Agra by the Government of India is a strong step towards the adoption of EVs in our country. With the culmination of the trial run taking place at MG Agra Dealership, where we today also inaugurated a fast-charging station in partnership with Tata Power, citizens here will be able to access the public charging facility."
He further added, "Vehicles such as ZS EV offer a range of 340 kilometres on a single charge, making them ideal for Delhi-Agra commute. At MG, we feel proud to have pioneered the EV ecosystem in India with a robust 5-way charging network. We are also actively forging partnerships with key charging enablers such as Tata Power and Exicom to further expand the EV ecosystem across the nation."
Commenting on the inauguration, Mr Rajesh Naik, Chief - New Business Services, Tata Power said, "Now, more than ever, businesses have to work with a purpose - one of which is to ensure that we take responsibility for protecting our environment. At Tata Power, we are heavily committed to sustainable energy solutions. Our collaboration with MG Motor demonstrates our commitment to add impetus to the EV migration in India. Agra's first-ever Superfast Charging EV station is just the beginning and we look forward to quickly adding more cities to this exciting transformation."
Speaking about the specs of the MG ZS EV, the electric-SUV features a 3-phase permanent magnet mated to a 44.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The e-powertrain produces 141bhp and 353Nm of peak torque. The ZS EV offers a maximum driving range of 340km on a single charge and can accelarate from 0 to 100kmph in 8.5 seconds.
The charge times for ZS EV via a home charger are rated between 6 to 7 hours to charge up to 80 per cent. While charing the SUV through a 50kW DC fast-charger can charge the batteries from 0 to 80% in just 50 mins.
Thoughts About MG Installing 60kW EV Public Fast Charger In Agra
The demand for electric vehicles is gradually increasing across the country. As a result, there is a need for exhaustive charging infrastructure across the county, to make EV use viable and practical. MG Motor Indian has always been at the forefront of providing ample charging infrastructure to its customers and other EV users in the country.