- 11 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 15 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
MG Motor India has released its sales report for the month of December 2019. The MG Hector sales in the month of December 2019, stood at 3,021 units. This adds up to 15,930 units of the Hector sold in India, ever since its launch in the Indian market in July 2019.
Having said this, the sales of the MG Hector in the month of December 2019 is lower than its previous month's performance in the market. Compared to its December sales, the MG Hector had performed better in November and October with 3239 and 3536 units, respectively.
The MG Hector is the first product from the British brand in the Indian market. The car comes loaded with features, offers a strong bold appearance on the road and packs a powerful performance as well. The car was an instant hit at the time of launch, with MG at the receiving end of an overwhelming response for the SUV in India.
MG Motor India also announced the increase in production of the Hector SUV in November to meet the demands and reduce the long waiting periods. The MG Hector currently commands a waiting period of roughly three months, depending on the variant, colour and powertrain options chosen.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India, stated:
"As a new entrant in the Indian market, the robust sales momentum of our first offering, the Hector, has been very encouraging. We are working closely with our global and local suppliers to increase the production of the Hector in 2020 to support the booking backlog.
"In line with our focus on customer satisfaction, we are constantly evaluating the emerging demand for the Hector in newer markets across India. We are proactively setting up more service centres closer to our prospective customers to elevate their ownership experience with MG."
The company is also working on expanding its dealership network across the country. MG currently has around 150 centres across India, which is expected to be increased in a phase-wise manner to 250 outlets by the end of March 2020.
Apart from expanding the dealership networks, the British marquee is also working on introducing its second product, the ZS EV in the Indian market.
The new MG ZS EV is scheduled to go on sale in the country sometime this month. As the name suggests, the SUV will be an all-electric offering from the brand. We have already driven it — here are our thoughts.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Sales In India
The MG Hector is positioned in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. However, the Hector SUV has been priced competitively with a starting price of Rs 12.48 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) to take on most of its rivals in the segment. This includes the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier and the Hyundai Creta.