- 22 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 5 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- Lifestyle After Viral Memes, Here’s The Story Behind Bernie Sanders’ Famous Mittens
- Movies Pavitra Rishta's Karan Veer Mehra-Nidhi's Wedding Functions Begin: Couple Looks Adorable At Mehendi Ceremony
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Sports Saini bowled despite injury in the second innings at Brisbane
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
MG Motor India recently launched the Hector Plus SUV in the Indian market. The company has priced the SUV starting at Rs 13.48 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The Hector Plus is essentially an extended variant of the standard model that was first introduced in the market last year.
At the time of launch, the company hinted that it will launch a seven-seat version of the Hector Plus. The current SUV features seating for six with captain seats in the middle-row. However, the seven-seat variant will have a bench seat just like the one seen on the standard Hector model.
Ahead of its launch, the new seven-seat Hector Plus SUV has been spied testing in India. Latest spy images from Motorbeam reveals a new completely camouflage test mule with few additional accessories.
The SUV features a luggage rack placed on the roof-top which seem to an OEM accessory. However, there are no design changes expected between the two variant. The seven-seater model will borrow all of its features, design and equipment from the six-seater variant.
The MG Hector Plus is offered in a range of four variants: Style, Super, Smart & Sharp. All four variants are offered with both petrol and diesel engine options as well. The top-spec ‘Sharp' trim powered by the diesel engine is offered with a price of Rs 18.53 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Once the seven-seater variant is launched in the country, it could be priced similar to the top-spec variant.
The MG Hector Plus features LED headlamps, new LED DRLs, a new front grille, redesigned front and rear bumpers and revised LED taillights. The extended SUV also features a slightly revised alloy wheel design.
On the inside, placed at the centre of the dashboard layout is a 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with the brand's latest i-Smart connected technology, which now comes with a new ‘Chit-Chat' functionality as well.
The touchscreen infotainment system also supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and WiFi connectivity. Other features also include a panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, large MID at the instrument cluster, ambient lighting, and steering-mounted controls; among others.
The MG Hector Plus is offered in two engine options: 1.5-litre turbo petrol and 2.0-litre diesel unit. The turbo-petrol engine produces 140bhp and 250Nm of peak torque while the diesel unit churns out 170bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a six-speed manual, with the petrol engine being offered with an optional seven-speed DCT automatic.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Plus Seven Seater SUV Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch
MG Motor India is expected to add the seven-seater variant of the Hector Plus SUV soon. Having a bench seat in the middle-row makes for enhanced practicality. However, it will replace the comfortable captain seats, which is a compromise on luxury for a more practical cabin.