- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month: Will Rival Hyundai i20 Turbo
- 15 hrs ago All-New Tata Safari Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Here Are The Details
- 16 hrs ago Bosch Opens India’s Largest Multi-Brand Car Service Facility In Haryana: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago GoFuel To Deliver High-Speed Diesel At Your Doorstep: Read More To Find Out!
- Movies Minissha Lamba On Parting Ways With Husband Ryan Tham: Life Goes On & The Most Important Thing Is To Be Happy
- News Has China constructed village in Arunachal? Chidambaram demands explanation from govt on BJP MP's claim
- Sports India v England: Selectors to name Test squad on Tuesday; Kohli, Ishant to back, all eyes on Bumrah, Ashwin
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty, Pooja Hegde, Nushrat Bharucha Or Elli AvrRam, Whose Mini Dress Is The Best?
- Finance Mindtree Up 6% After Reporting 66% Jump In Q3 Net Profit
- Education KPSC FDA Hall Ticket 2021 Released, Check Direct Link At kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For January 19: Win Bosch Mixer Grinder
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
MG Motor India has increased the prices of its latest offering, the Hector Plus in the market. The MG Hector Plus six-seater SUV is now offered with a price tag starting at Rs 13.74 lakh, which is Rs 25,000 more than its price at the time of launch.
The MG Hector Plus has received a price hike across all its variants, ranging between Rs 5000 and all the way up to Rs 46,000. Available in four variants: Style, Super, Smart and Sharp, the six-seater Hector Plus SUV prices now range from Rs 13.74 lakh and go up to Rs 18.69 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
As seen from the table below, the petrol-powered base-spec ‘Style' trim has received a smaller price hike of around Rs 25,000 for the MT version and Rs 5,000 for the AT. However, the diesel version of the base trim comes with a massive price increase of Rs 46,000; from Rs 14.44 lakh to Rs 14.90 lakh.
|Variant||Hector Plus Launch Price||Hector Plus New Price||Difference|
|Style (1.5P MT)||₹13.49 Lakh||₹13.74 Lakh||₹25,000|
|Smart (1.5P AT)||₹16.65 Lakh||₹16.70 Lakh||₹5,000|
|Sharp (1.5P AT)||₹18.21 Lakh||₹18.36 Lakh||₹15,000|
|Sharp (1.5P-Hybrid MT)||₹17.29 Lakh||₹17.39 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Style (2.0D MT)||₹14.44 Lakh||₹14.90 Lakh||₹46,000|
|Super (2.0D MT)||₹15.65 Lakh||₹15.70 Lakh||₹5,000|
|Smart (2.0D MT)||₹17.15 Lakh||₹17.20 Lakh||₹5,000|
|Sharp (2.0D MT)||₹18.54 Lakh||₹18.69 Lakh||₹15,000|
The mid-spec 'Super' and ‘Smart' variants come with a comparatively minimum price hike of Rs 5,000. While the top-spec ‘Sharp' trim prices have increased between the range of Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000.
The MG Hector Plus is powered by both petrol and diesel engine options. This includes a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol producing 140bhp and 250Nm of torque. There is also a 2.0-litre diesel churning out 170bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual with the petrol receiving the optional 7DCT automatic transmission as well.
The MG Hector Plus is essentially a six-seater version of the Hector SUV. The new Hector Plus was launched recently and is said to feature a host of new equipment and features, along with a few cosmetic updates as well. The Hector Plus is also 65mm longer in length, to accommodate for the third-row of passenger seats, while the second row comes with premium captain seats.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Plus Price Hike
The MG Hector Plus price hike essentially marks the end of the introductory period offers fro the SUV in the Indian market. The new prices have been implemented already and are said to be in effect since the 13th of August. The new MG Hector Plus rivals the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta in the Indian market.