- 6 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- News Asked if I am Indian for not speaking in Hindi at airport: DMK'sKanimozhi
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
MG Motor will be launching its third product offering, the Hector Plus in the Indian market. According to Carwale, the six-seater SUV will be launching on July 13, 2020. The company has started to accept bookings ahead of launch for a token amount of Rs 50,000.
Along with the announcement of bookings being accepted, the company has officially revealed the complete features and variant details of the upcoming SUV. The Hector Plus will be offered with three engine options: diesel, petrol and petrol-hybrid.
The petrol variant will be offered in two trims ‘Smart' and ‘Sharp', while the petrol hybrid variant is offered exclusively in the ‘Sharp' trim. The diesel model will be available in three trims: ‘Super', ‘Smart' and ‘Sharp'.
The Hector Plus models also started to arrive at dealerships ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The company is offering a total of six paint schemes including an exclusive colour scheme called the Starry Sky Blue.
Apart from the exclusive colour schemes, other subtle changes are made to the upcoming SUV to tell it apart from the standard Hector. This includes a 40mm increase in overall length to accommodate another row of seating and the needed legroom.
It has also undergone a couple of a design revision as compared to the standard Hector model. This includes slightly revised front and rear bumpers, updated scuff plates, and a redesigned rear profile that will help the Hector Plus stand apart. Also, the light bar running across the boot-lid on the standard model has not been carried forward on the Hector Plus.
On the inside, the Hector Plus features seating for six occupants a 10.5-inch the vertically-mounted large touchscreen infotainment display, the semi-digital instrument cluster with a seven-inch screen, a panoramic sunroof, the ‘iSmart' connected technology and a host of new features.
The Hector Plus will also borrow the powertrain from the standard model. This includes a 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. Additionally, the petrol engine is also offered with an optional 48V mild-hybrid system.
The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque, while the 2.0-litre oil-burner produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional seven-speed DCT offered with the standard petrol engine.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Plus Launching In India On July 13
MG Motor is gunning to rival the Toyota Innova Crysta with the upcoming Hector Plus SUV in the market. The Hector Plus comes packed with features and can take in more occupants offering better practicality. The Toyota Innova Crysta has a proven track record in sales since its launch in the country.