- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
MG Motor India has launched its all-new Hector Plus SUV in the Indian market. The new six-seater Hector Plus SUV from Morris Garages is the brand's third and latest model in the country. The MG Hector Plus is offered with an introductory starting price of Rs 13.48 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The MG Hector Plus is offered in a range of four variants: Style, Super, Smart & Sharp. All four variants are offered with both petrol and diesel engine options as well. The top-spec ‘Sharp' trim powered by the diesel engine is offered with a price of Rs 18.53 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
MG Motor started accepting bookings for the Hector Plus in the Indian market, well before its launch for an amount of Rs 50,000. Deliveries for the same are expected to begin shortly.
Rajeev Chaba, President and Managing Director, MG Motor India said,
"We entered the Indian automobile market in 2019 with MG Hector. Our vision has been to touch the lives of car owners in India by offering them the world's best technology including connected mobility. The launch of MG Hector Plus is a new milestone in our journey that is committed to serving customers with the top-notch products and services."
"The 6-seater internet SUV is a blend of luxury and comfort aided by technology to provide the perfect family moments to all our customers."
The MG Hector Plus is essentially an extended version of the five-seater Hector, which was introduced in India last year. The Hector Plus does, however, come with a number of updates and revisions which help the new SUV differentiate between the five-seater model.
Starting off with the exteriors, the MG Hector Plus comes with an updated design at the front. This includes a revised set of LED DRLs, LED headlamps, new front grille, redesigned front and rear bumpers and updated set of LED taillights as well. The MG Hector Plus also features a slightly revised set of alloy wheel design as well.
The new MG Hector Plus will initially be offered with a six-seater configuration. This includes individual captain seats in the middle and bench seats in the third-row. Other features on the interiors also include a 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with the brand's latest i-Smart connected technology, which now comes with a new ‘Chit-Chat' functionality as well.
The touchscreen infotainment system also comes with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and WiFi connectivity. Other features also include a panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control, large MID at the instrument cluster, ambient lighting, steering-mounted controls and a host of other features as well.
The MG Hector Plus will be offered in two engine options: 1.5-litre turbo petrol and 2.0-litre diesel unit. The turbo-petrol engine produces 140bhp and 250Nm of peak torque while the diesel unit churns out 170bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a six-speed manual, with the petrol engine receiving the optional seven-speed DCT automatic unit as well.
The MG Hector Plus is offered in a range of six colour options: Starry Black, Starry Sky Blue, Burgundy Red, Glaze Red, Aurora Silver and Candy White.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Plus India Launch
The MG Hector Plus is a six-seater SUV, ideally rivalling the likes of the soon-to-be-launched Tata Gravitas. However, MG Motor states that in the Indian market, the Hector Plus will directly compete against the Toyota Innova Crysta MPV.