- 6 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: TVS Motor Company Register 21% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 7 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 10 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- Movies Gauahar Khan & Zaid Darbar Announce Their Wedding Date; The Bride-To-Be Reveals Zaid Proposed After A Month Of Courtship
- News Deep depression over Bay of Bengal now cyclonic storm 'Burevi'
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M51 Gets New Firmware Update In India: What Does The New Changelog Offers?
- Sports Three more members of Pakistan squad in New Zealand test positive for COVID-19: PCB source
- Finance 3 Large Cap Funds With Six-Month Return Of 35%; One-Year Return In Double Digits
- Lifestyle Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
The MG Hector Plus has started to arrive at dealerships ahead of its launch next month. The soon-to-be-launched-SUV is an extended three-row seating variant of the standard Hector model that is currently on sale in the market.
Images from AutoWheels India reveal a beige colour Hector Plus SUV displayed next to the standard hector model at a showroom. The images also reveal few changes such as the absence of a light bar on the boot-lid and a host of trims that are finished in a black paint scheme.
The company is expected to add new colour options that are exclusive to the Hector Plus model. This includes a new paint scheme called the ‘Starry Sky Blue' and now the images reveal a beige colour scheme as well. Other exclusive colour options will be revealed at the time of launch.
Moving to the difference in design between both the models, the Hector Plus now features new headlamp design, slightly revised front and rear bumpers, updated scuff plates, and a redesigned rear profile that will help the Hector Plus stand apart from its five-seater sibling. Other external features on the upcoming SUV are expected to be borrowed from the Hector.
The Hector Plus SUV will feature more space on the inside because of its increased length over the standard model. It features a 40mm increase in overall length to accommodate another row of seating and the needed legroom. However, the wheelbase is the same as the standard model. The SUV is expected to be offered in two seating configurations: a seven-seater or a six-seater variant with the latter having captain seats in the middle-row.
Apart from the additional seats, the rest of the features and equipment on the Hector Plus are expected to be borrowed from the five-seater SUV. This includes Interiors trims such as the dashboard layout, the large touchscreen infotainment display, the semi-digital instrument cluster with a seven-inch screen, a panoramic sunroof and the brand's ‘iSmart' connected technology as well.
MG Motor is expected to offer the same set of powertrain options on the Hector Plus that are powering the standard model. This includes a 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit churns out 115bhp and 250Nm of torque, while the 2.0-litre oil-burner produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional seven-speed DCT offered with the petrol variants. Additionally, the petrol engine is also offered with an optional 48V mild-hybrid system.
MG Motor seems to be targeting the Toyota Innova Crysta with the upcoming Hector Plus SUV in the Indian market. The Toyota Innova Crysta has a proven track record in sales since its launch in the country. However, MG aims to take a chunk of sales from the Japanese MPV by launching the Hector Plus in India. The company is expected to launch the SUV in the coming month — here are more details.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Plus Arriving At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch Next Month
The soon-to-be-launched MG Hector Plus is one among the host of models that were showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo by the company. It is also the brand's third model which will be launching in the Indian market, after the MG Hector and the MG ZS EV. The SUV is expected to come packed with a host of features and also offer a premium feel to the interiors to rival the likes of Toyota Innova Crysta.