- 16 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Technology Mi Fan Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Home Entertainment Devices
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
MG Motor India will be launching a facelift version of the Hector SUV In the Indian market. The facelifted SUV is expected to go on sale sometime early next year in the country. Ahead of its launch, the Hector facelift has been spotted to testing revealing new changes made to the upcoming SUV.
Spy images from IndianAuto, reveals a new front grille design of the Hector SUV. The new grille features a horizontal pattern as opposed to the criss-cross pattern on the outgoing model of the SUV. The new grille will also feature chrome embellishment for an enhanced look of the updated SUV.
There are a couple of other changes that are noticed from the spy images. This includes the new larger alloy wheel design, which now fills up the squared wheel arches of the SUV, giving it a more aggressive stance.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the rest of the features will be carrier-forward from the pre-facelift model. This includes the split-headlamp design, a lower air-dam in the front bumpers, split-LED taillamps and more.
On the inside, the facelifted Hector is expected to undergo slight features addition including an auto-dimming IRVM. It could also feature an updated version of the i-Smart connected technology from the company.
The Hector SUV owners can speak to the onboard voice assistant to control the SUV, with over 100 voice-enabled commands. The SUV also features geo-fencing, emergency call assistance, a button to contact a call centre for general assistance and a premium Gaana account preloaded offering a wide variety of music to choose from.
Other features such as the 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, semi-digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, sunroof, and more are expected to be carried forward from the pre-facelift model of the SUV.
The safety net on the SUV includes six airbags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Traction Control System (TCS), 360-degree camera, front parking sensors, ABS with EBD and more.
The facelift MG Hector will remain the same mechanically as the outgoing model of the SUV. It will continue to be offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 143bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel engine churns out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The petrol engine is also offered with a 48V mild-hybrid variant, which offers better fuel efficiency and low-end grunt. All engine options come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, while the non-hybrid petrol engine is offered with an optional DCT transmission unit.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Facelift (2021) Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
The MG Hector facelift will feature minor design revision and new feature addition to the already feature-packed SUV. Once launched, the MG Hector will continue to rival the Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500 and its the Jeep Compass, which is also expected to receive a facelift sometime next year.