- 20 min ago Ducati Streetfighter V4 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Set To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- Movies Amruta Khanvilkar On 3 Years Of Raazi: Watching Alia Bhatt Perform As Sehmat Was An Absolute Treat
- Education AEEE Result 2021 Declared For Phase 1, Check Results At amrita.edu
- Sports We benefited from video analysis during successful tours of Europe and Argentina: Rohidas
- Technology Is Amazon Delivering Products During Lockdown In India? Can You Place Regular Orders?
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
MG Motor has been working on introducing a facelift version of its Hector SUV in the Indian market for a while now. The popular mid-size SUV offering from the brand has been spotted testing on a few occasions in the country as well.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
Now, Autocar India reports that the new MG Hector facelift SUV is slated to go on sale in the country in early-2021. The new Hector facelift SUV will come with a number of subtle updates and revisions to both its exterior and interiors while remaining unchanged mechanically.
The MG Hector was the first product from the brand in the Indian market and was launched in mid-2019. The Hector is a popular SUV offering in the market and is the brand's best-selling product in the country as well. Hence to maintain the status, MG Motor will be giving the Hector a mid-cycle facelift.
Talking about the changes, the new MG Hector facelift SUV will come with a new front grille, which is expected to feature three horizontal slats, instead of the black mesh. Other changes will also include slight tweaks to the front and rear bumper, headlamp cluster and the tail lights.
MG Motor could also offer the Hector facelift with a set of larger 18-inch alloy wheels. This will replace the 17-inch alloys which did look undersized in comparison to the overall dimensions of the SUV.
While the interiors will retain most of the same elements, we do expect MG to introduce a few new additional features and equipment as well. This could also include a dual-tone cabin, something which is offered on the six-seater Hector Plus SUV.
Apart from this, no other changes are expected. The new (2021) MG Hector facelift will carry forward the same engine and powertrain options as the current model. This includes a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol with an optional 48V hybrid system producing 140bhp and 250Nm of peak torque.
There is also a 2.0-litre diesel engine churning out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a six-speed manual, with the petrol unit receiving an optional seven-speed DCT automatic transmission as well.
Thoughts On The 2021 MG Hector Facelift India Launch Details
The 2021 MG Hector facelift will continue to rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV500. Once the facelifted SUV is introduced, we can expect MG to offer it at a slightly higher price point, compared to the current version.