- 10 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Shows How To Slay Like A Diva In Her INR 1 Lakh Bold Black Slit Gown!
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
MG Motor has been working on introducing a facelift version of its Hector SUV in the Indian market for a while now. The popular mid-size SUV offering from the brand has been spotted testing on a few occasions in the country as well.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
Now, Autocar India reports that the new MG Hector facelift SUV is slated to go on sale in the country in early-2021. The new Hector facelift SUV will come with a number of subtle updates and revisions to both its exterior and interiors while remaining unchanged mechanically.
The MG Hector was the first product from the brand in the Indian market and was launched in mid-2019. The Hector is a popular SUV offering in the market and is the brand's best-selling product in the country as well. Hence to maintain the status, MG Motor will be giving the Hector a mid-cycle facelift.
Talking about the changes, the new MG Hector facelift SUV will come with a new front grille, which is expected to feature three horizontal slats, instead of the black mesh. Other changes will also include slight tweaks to the front and rear bumper, headlamp cluster and the tail lights.
MG Motor could also offer the Hector facelift with a set of larger 18-inch alloy wheels. This will replace the 17-inch alloys which did look undersized in comparison to the overall dimensions of the SUV.
While the interiors will retain most of the same elements, we do expect MG to introduce a few new additional features and equipment as well. This could also include a dual-tone cabin, something which is offered on the six-seater Hector Plus SUV.
Apart from this, no other changes are expected. The new (2021) MG Hector facelift will carry forward the same engine and powertrain options as the current model. This includes a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol with an optional 48V hybrid system producing 140bhp and 250Nm of peak torque.
There is also a 2.0-litre diesel engine churning out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a six-speed manual, with the petrol unit receiving an optional seven-speed DCT automatic transmission as well.
Thoughts On The 2021 MG Hector Facelift India Launch Details
The 2021 MG Hector facelift will continue to rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV500. Once the facelifted SUV is introduced, we can expect MG to offer it at a slightly higher price point, compared to the current version.