- 24 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Movies Khiladi Movie Teaser Out: Ravi Teja- Arjun Sarja’s Film Promises An Edge Of The Seat Thriller
- News Sensex nosedives over 1,400 points in early trade
- Technology PUBG Mobile Redeem Codes For April 12; How To Get Rewards Using PUBG Mobile Redeem Code?
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs SRH: Kane Williamson needs more time to get match fit: Trevor Bayliss
- Finance RBL Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check The Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Somvati Amavasya 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Education Haryana Board Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 10th And 12th
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
MG Motor is expected to launch its fourth offering, the Gloster SUV, in the Indian Market around the festival of Diwali this year. This will be the first Level-1 autonomous SUV from the company. We drove the Gloster SUV for a short period of time and you can read everything about it here.
However, according to the latest report by CarDekho, the Gloster SUV has started arriving at the dealerships ahead of its launch. The company is also accepting pre-launch bookings for the SUV at Rs 1 lakh. The Gloster will be available in four variants: Super, Sharp, Smart and the top-end Savvy and also will be offered in both 6 and 7-seater configurations.
The all-new Gloster SUV is based on the Maxus D90 SUV that is currently sold in the international markets and yes, it is a big SUV. The MG Gloster measures 5,005mm in length, 1,932mm in width, 1,875mm in height and has a wheelbase of around 2,950mm. At the front, the SUV features a sleek-looking headlight unit that has a badge inside saying 'Full LED Tech'. Which means that high and the low beam both feature a LED projector setup. The turn indicators are integrated into the LED DRLs, which are pretty bright.
Some of the advanced features on offer with the MG Gloster include ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System), ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control), Auto Park Assist, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Detection and Forward Collision Warning, etc. The new Gloster SUV will also feature the brand's ‘i-Smart 2.0' connected technology, which adds a host of additional smart features, many of which are industry-firsts. This includes Anti-Theft Immobilisation, Critical Tyre Pressure Voice Alert and Shortpedia App among a few.
Other standard features on the MG Gloster also include panoramic sunroof, 19-inch alloy wheels, 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, front and rear seats with ventilated, wireless charging, 64 ambient light settings, premium leather upholstery for all seats, 8-inch digital instrument cluster, steering-mounted controls and many more.
Mechanically the Gloster will be powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine. It produces 216bhp of power and 480Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. On the other hand, it will also feature a single turbo variant that will produce 162bhp of power and 375Nm of peak torque, with the same gearbox.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster
The MG Gloster will be the fourth product offering from the brand in the Indian market and will be the first Level-1 autonomous SUV. The Gloster will go up against the likes of the Mahindra Alturas G4, Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.