- 29 min ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- News India-China face off: Military commander level talks tomorrow
- Sports Espargaro to replace Alex Marquez at Honda, Crutchlow out
- Movies Akshara Gowda Repents Doing Thuppakki, Says Any Girl Would Regret That Role!
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Lifestyle Seasoned Actress Kelly Preston Had The Most Beautiful Collection Of Dresses, Here’s Proof
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
MG Motors has confirmed that the launch of their upcoming premium SUV, the Gloster will continue as scheduled. The MG Gloster SUV is currently expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in October 2020.
MG Motors India remains confident that the Gloster will be launched in India during the year's festive seasons. This is despite the current pandemic situation and the subsequent lockdown the country is facing.
The MG Gloster will be the fourth model to be introduced in India from the brand. The Gloster will follow the Hector, ZS EV and the Hector Plus in the Indian market. While the MG ZS EV was launched in January of this year, the Hector Plus (the seven-seater iteration) is scheduled to go on sale in the coming month.
The MG Gloster once launched will also be the brand's latest flagship model. It will be a premium SUV and positioned above the Hector Plus SUV. The Gloster is similar to the Maxus D90 which is already available in international markets.
Being a premium SUV, the Gloster will come with a host of features and equipment as well. This includes a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and also the latest iteration of MG's iSmart Connected technology. It will also feature a host of other equipment as well such as a panoramic sunroof, keyless entry, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, wireless charging; among a host of others.
The MG Gloster was first unveiled in India at the 2020 Auto Expo, held in February. The SUV will be offered in a single seven-seater configuration with a ladder-frame chassis. Powering the MG Gloster will be a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine producing 220bhp and 480Nm of peak torque. It will be mated to a manual gearbox initially, with an automatic transmission set to be introduced at a slightly later stage.
Thoughts On The MG Gloster MPV & Its India Launch Plans
MG Motors India is confident that the launch of the Gloster and even the Hector Plus in the Indian market will take place as per schedule. Once launched in India, the MG Gloster SUV will rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and will be priced at a similar price range as well.