- 16 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Technology Mi Fan Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Home Entertainment Devices
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
MG Motor India has announced that they recently delivered a total of seven Gloster SUVs in a single day in Cochin, Kerala. The MG Gloster is the brand's newest flagship SUV, offered with a starting price of Rs 28.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The flagship seven-seater SUV is positioned above the Hector Plus in the brand's product lineup in the Indian market. The MG Gloster is also India's first premium SUV with ‘Autonomous Level 1' technology and other advanced driver assistance systems.
The company has managed to receive good response for the Gloster in the Indian market. The MG Gloster SUV registered 627 units in its first full month of sales in the Indian market. This helped contribute to the overall 4,163 units of total sales for MG Motor in the month of November 2020.
The Hector and the ZS EV models registered 3,426 units and 110 units of sales, respectively. MG Motor registered its highest sales figures in India till date and also recorded a growth of 28.5 per cent in yearly sales.
Coming back to the MG Gloster, the premium seven-seater SUV comes powered by a choice of two engine options: 2.0-litre turbo diesel and a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel. The twin-turbo diesel unit is available only on the higher-spec variant and churns out 215bhp and 480Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox as standard.
The MG Gloster is available in four variants: Super, Sharp, Smart and Savvy. All four variants come packed with a host of features and equipment. Some of these include auto park assist, autonomous emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning and collision avoidance system.
Other standard comfort and convenience features on the MG Gloster include a panoramic sunroof, three-zone automatic climate control, 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the latest i-Smart connected technology, an 8-inch instrument cluster, six and seven-seater configuration, LED lighting all around and many others as well.
Thoughts On The MG Gloster Deliveries In Cochin, Kerala
The MG Gloster has been received extremely well in the Indian market. Positioned in the premium SUV segment, the Gloster has already managed to get close to its rivals, the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour, in terms of sales figures.