- 1 hr ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 2 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- News Puducherry BJP MLA KG Shankar no more
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Sports India vs Australia, 4th Test Day 3: Sundar, Thakur show resistance as tourists reach 253/6 at tea break
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Technology Amazfit GTR 2e Review: Bulky, Power-Packed Smartwatch For Fitness Freaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
MG Motor India has unveiled a long list of features which will be available on the upcoming Gloster SUV. During the same event, the company also announced the start of official bookings for their upcoming premium-SUV in the Indian market. The new MG Gloster can now be booked for an amount of Rs 1 lakh, either online or through any of the brand's dealerships across the country.
The Gloster which was first showcased the Gloster SUV at the 2020 Auto Expo will be India's first Autonomous (Level-1) Premium SUV. It will pack a host of advanced technology and features, making it extremely premium, luxurious and an attractive offering in the full-size SUV segment.
Some of the advanced features on offer with the MG Gloster include ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System), ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control), Auto Park Assist, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Detection and Forward Collision Warning; to name a few.
The SUV will also be an extremely capable off-roader as well. The Gloster will feature an Intelligent All-Terrain System, which comes with On-Demand Four-Wheel Drive System. There are also multiple driving modes on the Gloster, this includes Sand, Mud, Rock, Snow, Eco, Sport and Normal.
The new Gloster SUV will also feature the brand's ‘i-Smart 2.0' connected technology, which adds a host of additional smart features, many of which are industry-firsts. This includes Anti-Theft Immobilisation, Critical Tyre Pressure Voice Alert and Shortpedia App among a few. The Gloster also comes with 3D maps from MapMyIndia, which exclusively offers locations to COVID testing centres, along with pothole alerts, speed alerts, Gaana App with voice recognition and more.
Other standard features on the MG Gloster also include LED lighting all around, panoramic sunroof, 19-inch alloy wheels, 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, front and rear seats with ventilated and heating system, wireless charging, ambient lighting, premium leather upholstery for all seats, 8-inch digital instrument cluster, steering-mounted controls and a host of others.
The MG Gloster will come powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine. It produces 216bhp and 480Nm of peak torque, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. This engine is the most powerful in the segment and promises to offer excellent performance.
Rajeev Chaba, President and MD, MG Motor India, said,
"We are beginning a new chapter in India's auto sector today with the launch of its First Autonomous (Level 1) premium SUV. There are multiple scenarios wherein Gloster can sense and make decisions to improve your overall driving experience with ADAS technology."
"In other words, Gloster is not just another car - it is a high-tech assistant that only thinks about you, your safety, and your comfort all the time. With best-in-class features, a towering road presence, powerful capability, and luxurious interiors, the all-new MG Gloster is designed to set new benchmarks."
The MG Gloster premium SUV is expected to go on sale in India sometime in the coming months. Once launched, the premium SUV will be offered in a range of four colours: Agata Red, Metal Black, Metal Ash and Warm White.
Thoughts On The MG Gloster Features & Bookings Details
The MG Gloster will be the fourth product offering from the brand in the Indian market, following the Hector, ZS EV and the Hector Plus. Positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, the MG Gloster will rival the likes of the Mahindra Alturas G4 and is expected to be offered with a price tag starting at around Rs 40 lakh, ex-showroom.