- 1 hr ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 2 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- 19 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- Sports Sorry Chennai Super Kings fans! Suresh Raina is not coming back, clarifies CSK CEO
- Finance 5 Factors That Could Keep Market Volatile Next Week
- News Centre says MSP procurement of kharif paddy begins immediately in Punjab, Haryana
- Movies Gandii Baat 5: Lakshya Roped In For Madhosh Madan; Actor Says Show Doesn’t Just Focus On Bold Scenes
- Technology Oppo A33 Bags NBTC Certification; Hints Imminent Launch
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Meru Cabs and Flipkart have partnered together to provide people with essential items and groceries amidst the COVID-19 pandemic in India. The partnership between Meru and Flipkart will also see the two companies promoting and supporting social distancing norms during the lockdown period.
The partnership will see Meru cabs deliver essential items and groceries to Flipkart customers at their door-step. The service will be initially available in Bangalore, Delhi-NCR and Hyderabad. The two companies will ensure that their supply chain is safe and sanitised as well.
The partnership between the two organisations also supports the government's efforts to ensure people stay home and prevent the spread of COVID-19. The delivery of essential items and the movement of the supply chain, play a key role in providing income opportunities to driver-partners as well.
The delivery of essential items by Meru cabs will be as per the guidelines set by the government. Meru will be using a fleet of Ozone sanitised vehicles to deliver orders for Flipkart. The company will also be ensuring all driver-partners sanitise their cabs, while also maintaining a high standard of hygiene.
Kalyan Krishnamurthy, CEO, Flipkart Group, said,
"Flipkart Group is committed to customers as India fights this unprecedented battle. This partnership with Meru is a result of our teams exploring new, innovative ways to drive value for our ecosystem of sellers, brands, partners, and customers to ensure the safe and swift availability of grocery & essential goods.
We have a very secure & safe supply chain where we follow SOPs diligently. We stand by the nation in this fight against COVID-19 as we prioritize the wellbeing and safety of all including our customers & employees."
Neeraj Gupta, Founder and CEO at Meru Mobility Tech Pvt. Ltd. said,
"This is a unique initiative which we are undertaking with Flipkart which will benefit consumers immensely. Meru will use its fleet to ensure the timely and safe delivery of essentials to Flipkart's large customer base in a hassle-free manner. This service will also offer our driver-partners an additional earning opportunity during this challenging time."
Thoughts About The Partnership Between Flipkart & Meru Cabs
Both Meru Cabs and Flipkart are big homegrown organisations. Both companies have come together, during this unprecedented time. With the two companies taking care of people's essential requirements, they are also promoting social distancing norms, while also requesting people to stay at home.