- 2 hrs ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 4 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 6 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- News Twitter says it has not suspended account of top Iranian leader
- Movies KBC 12 Grand Finale: Amitabh Bachchan Honours Kargil War Heroes – Yogendra Singh Yadav And Sanjay Singh
- Finance Reliance Industries Reports 12.5% Jump In Q3 Profit
- Sports Golf: Anirban Lahiri off to a fine start at tougher Stadium Course at The American Express
- Education Netaji’s 125th Birth Anniversary: Facts You Should Know About Subhas Chandra Bose
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Mercedes-AMG has unveiled the GT Black Series sports car. The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is powered by the most powerful series-production V8 engine that AMG has made to date. Read more to find out.
On the outside, the Black GT Series gets some serious weight reduction compared to the other GT models, which has been done by the use of extensive use of carbon fibre. The bonnet, roof, tailgate, transmission mount and even the driveshaft is made out of carbon fibre. The car also features Lightweight forged wheels and ceramic brakes with Black Series-specific components. To furthermore reduce weight, the company has fitted the car with a thinner front and rear windshield.
The GT Black Series is also equipped with an adjustable coil-over suspension, which is combined with an adaptive damping system. Moreover, the car uses solid rear wishbone frames that have been taken straight from the AMG's motorsport programme and they improve steering sharpness and feedback. However, the exact weight of the car has not been disclosed.
Now coming to the heart of the GT Black, powering the car is a twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 engine. The unit produces a blistering 728bhp of power and 800Nm of peak torque. Moreover, the Black Series' V8 has been modified so much that it has been given its own engine code compared to the regular GT.
The car also features new camshafts, bigger turbos mounted with anti-friction bearings, a bigger intercooler and an uprated exhaust system. The Mercedes-AMG GT Black can catapult from 0 to 100km/h in just 3.2sec and 0 to 200km/h in 9.0sec. The car has a top speed of 325km/h. The engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox and gets a revised Race Start function for impressive launch starts.
Thoughts About the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series
Well, there has been no confirmation from the company whether it will launch the GT Black Series in India or not. But, the updated AMG GT R and the AMG 63 S GT 4-door are on sale in the Indian market and are priced at Rs 2.48 crore and Rs 2.42 crore respectively. All prices are ex-showroom India.