- 8 hrs ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 8 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Mercedes-AMG has unveiled the GT Black Series sports car. The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is powered by the most powerful series-production V8 engine that AMG has made to date. Read more to find out.
On the outside, the Black GT Series gets some serious weight reduction compared to the other GT models, which has been done by the use of extensive use of carbon fibre. The bonnet, roof, tailgate, transmission mount and even the driveshaft is made out of carbon fibre. The car also features Lightweight forged wheels and ceramic brakes with Black Series-specific components. To furthermore reduce weight, the company has fitted the car with a thinner front and rear windshield.
The GT Black Series is also equipped with an adjustable coil-over suspension, which is combined with an adaptive damping system. Moreover, the car uses solid rear wishbone frames that have been taken straight from the AMG's motorsport programme and they improve steering sharpness and feedback. However, the exact weight of the car has not been disclosed.
Now coming to the heart of the GT Black, powering the car is a twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 engine. The unit produces a blistering 728bhp of power and 800Nm of peak torque. Moreover, the Black Series' V8 has been modified so much that it has been given its own engine code compared to the regular GT.
The car also features new camshafts, bigger turbos mounted with anti-friction bearings, a bigger intercooler and an uprated exhaust system. The Mercedes-AMG GT Black can catapult from 0 to 100km/h in just 3.2sec and 0 to 200km/h in 9.0sec. The car has a top speed of 325km/h. The engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox and gets a revised Race Start function for impressive launch starts.
Thoughts About the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series
Well, there has been no confirmation from the company whether it will launch the GT Black Series in India or not. But, the updated AMG GT R and the AMG 63 S GT 4-door are on sale in the Indian market and are priced at Rs 2.48 crore and Rs 2.42 crore respectively. All prices are ex-showroom India.