- 2 min ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 10 min ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Launched New Initiative ‘Sanitised by Tata Motors’ For its Customers Across India
- 1 hr ago Kia Sonet Mid-Spec Variant SUV Spotted Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- News IAF objects to ‘negative portrayal’ of work culture in Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl
- Technology OnePlus Nord New Color Variant Tipped To Launch In October
- Lifestyle Sanjana Sanghi’s Stylish Pink Suits Will Have You Thinking About Pink Outfits
- Movies Anand Kumar Reveals Details About Sequel To Hrithik Roshan Starrer Super 30
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujurat In August 2020
- Finance Investing In Mutual Funds Using WhatsApp
- Sports COVID-19: Indian hockey teams to resume sports activities from August 19
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo is ready to be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo. Once launched, the Marco Polo will become the country's first commercially manufactured camper.
The German luxury auto maker has taken a call to launch the Marco Polo in India after their V-Class model found success. The MPV will arrive with a host of ‘living space' concepts.
Mr Martin Schwenk, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at Mercedes-Benz India said, "At Auto Expo 2020, beside launching the AMG GT 4 Door Coupe, unveiling the A-Class Limousine and the New GLA SUV, we also will be launching something unique and never seen before in India."
"Inspired by the success of the V-Class Luxury MPV in India, we will be launching the V-Class Marco Polo Camper. Nothing reflects restlessness and a spirit of adventure better than an exciting road-trip and camping," he added.
Mercedes-Benz says the V-Class Marco Polo embodies these traits, and blends outdoor ruggedness with the company's world-renowned luxury and technology. Merc expects that the V-Class Marco Polo camper to generate a lot of interest among their existing customers, who already have shown a massive interest to the V-Class luxury MPV models.
There is no concrete information about features and specification at the moment. The Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo is currently available in international markets and has been named after the explorer Marco Polo.
The Marco Polo available in foreign markets feature front seats that swivel, and rear seats that fold flat to make for a bed. The vehicle also features a pop-up roof that reveals an ‘upstairs' sleeping space.
The V-Class Marco Polo features built in wardrobes, drawers, a stove, a sink with fresh and waste water tanks, and a fridge among a host of other elements that make it a mobile home.
At the heart of the V-Class Marco Polo is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that produces 234bhp of power and 500Nm of torque, and comes mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission.
Safety features on the Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo include brake assist, front and side impact beams, a crash sensor, a centrally mounted fuel tank, attention assist, and hill assist among others.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo Launching In India
Camper-style travel is not an Indian thing. Most folk only use a vehicle to get from place A to B, and live out of hotel or resorts, not their vehicles. While the concept is great, we think India is better off with seven, eight, and nine seater vehicles rather than campers.