- 47 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Sports India vs England: Axar Patel picks up second consecutive fifer in Pink Ball Test, claims unique feat
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
German luxury car manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz, has given the 2020 C Class (C200) a paramount upgrade by replacing its 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine that came mated to a 48V mild-hybrid system.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder inline, four-valve DOHC engine produced 181 brake horsepower and 280Nm of torque.
Mercedes has replaced this engine with a new BS6 compliant 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine that produces 201 brake horsepower and 280Nm of torque. The engine continues to arrive mated to a nine-speed 9G-TRONIC transmission.
The new engine offers better NVH levels, better fuel efficiency, and is more responsive to the Comfort, Sport, and Eco drive models. The 2.0-litre engine is capable of propelling the C200 from zero to 100kmph in 7.7 seconds, and can touch a top speed of 239kmph.
The Mercedes-Benz C200 models feature high-performance LED headlamps, LED tail and fog lamps, a rear spoiler, ORVMs with integrated turn signal indicators, and roller sun-blinds at the rear left and right windows.
The vehicle also arrives with a 64-colour ambient lighting system, a Midline sound system, a fully digital instrument cluster, a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible.
Owners can also stay connected to their C200 remotely by using the Mercedes Me Connect smartphone application. Owners can locate their cars using GPS, can access turn-by-turn navigation, and set speed limits, among a host of other features.
The vehicle also features an SOS system that automatically triggers an emergency call in case of an accident. Other safety features on the Mercedes-Benz C200 models include a Pre-Safe System that warns the driver about an impending accident.
The 2020 C200 also features parking assist, a reverse parking camera, pedestrian protection with an ‘active bonnet' that reduces the risk and severity of injuries, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, and ISOFIX child seat anchors, among others.
The new 2020 Mercedes-Benz C200 petrol models are priced between Rs 40.90 lakh and Rs 46.54 lakh, ex-showroom, India. The vehicle competes with the BMW 3 Series, and will eventually compete with the updated Audi A4, and the Volvo S60 once they are launched.
Thoughts About The Engine Upgrade On The Mercedes-Benz C200
Now that is a fantastic kind of upgrade to bring to any vehicle - giving it more under the hood. We're waiting to know how much more the C200 models cost, but we're entirely sure that whatever the cost may be, the new 2.0-litre engine makes it worth it.