- 6 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 7 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 8 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The COVID-19 pandemic has struck the globe hard. India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown until May 3. To keep businesses running a lot of automobile manufacturers have moved to the online sales platforms. Mercedes-Benz India earlier used to retail only pre-owned cars online, but now they will be selling new cars as well. The entire portfolio is now available online.
This news was confirmed when Autocar India had a conversation with Santosh Iyer, Vice President, Sales, and Marketing at Mercedes-Benz India, where he said, "Most customers do their research online today - they've mostly made up their mind by the time they come to the showroom."
"Our online sales platform will let customers buy a car online - including documentation - and one of the key differentiators for us will be an online sales concierge. The platform won't leave everything up to the customer - there will be consultation available for commercial offers, negotiation, and test drive and delivery as well. Everything on our sales platform is transparent - from availability to the spec of the car," he added.
Mr Iyer further stated, "The route we've followed is that access to the platform is based on your geography; this platform is by the dealer and for the dealer. There is a 'Shop' that belongs to each individual dealer in the region. The stock the customers view is what is available with the dealers, and the offers are also dealer-specific, and one can view the full package - including the on-road price of the car."
In related Mercedes-Benz news, the German luxury car manufacturer has given the 2020 C Class (C200) an upgrade by replacing its 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine that came mated to a 48V mild-hybrid system. The new unit is a BS6 compliant 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine that churns out 201bhp of power and 280Nm of peak torque. The engine continues to be mated to a nine-speed 9G-TRONIC transmission.
Thoughts About The Online Sales Platform By Mercedes-Benz India
This online platform will not only make the life of the customers easy buy it will also keep them safe from the COVID-19 pandemic as social distancing is the only cure for this crisis at the moment.