- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- News Rahul assures revisiting GST when Cong is voted to power at Centre
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Sports McIlroy turns tables on Hatton to set up thrilling final day
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Technology Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
German luxury vehicle manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz has released teaser images of the interiors of the new S-Class that is scheduled for a September launch in the Indian market.
The images are heavily focused on the vehicle's rather large 12.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that does not feature physical buttons to control. The new system can be fully controlled via touch, voice commands, and hand gestures.
The new touchscreen infotainment system also features a permanent band at the bottom of the screen that is dedicated to the vehicle's climate control system. The brand says the system has 27 fewer control buttons and switches, as compared to the current-generation models.
The center of the console features a rectangle shaped OLED screen that displays upgraded graphics and natural colours. The new touchscreen also consumes lesser power than the LCD units that are featured on the current-generation S-Class models.
The system also features the brand's new MBUX system that arrives with 50 percent more processing power, and an in-built 320GB solid-state hard drive. One can touch, swipe, and pinch through the menus.
Mercedes also says that the Hey Mercedes voice assistant system is cleverer and more natural, and can understand 27 different languages as compared to the older models.
Outside of the touchscreen infotainment system, the vehicle features a three dimensional digital instrument cluster. The instrument cluster features four different display styles and three modes. The Mercedes-Benz S-Class also arrives with a head-up display that supports augmented reality (AR).
The new technology allows for the S-Class to project navigation directions at a virtual distance of approximately 10-meters - basically projecting directional arrows and other instructions onto the surface of the road.
Outside of the new 12.8-touchscreen infotainment system and the digital instrument cluster, the S-Class features up to three screens for the rear passengers. The screens have full access to the infotainment system.
Content can be shared between screens, and passengers are able to set up their profiles, save them in the cloud, and can be downloaded to other compatible Mercedes-Benz models, or at other seats within the same Merc.
Thoughts About The New Touchscreen Infotainment And New Tech In The Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Talk about tech! The new infotainment system looks great, and we're sure it feels great to mess around with. What we're looking forward to is the new MBUX system, and the augmented reality HUD. While projecting directions onto the road is fantastic, the traffic in India may not allow for one to be fully entertained. Ten points for cool factor!