- 7 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 8 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 9 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Technology Flipkart Discounts On High-Performance Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, India is currently in a lockdown state and a lot of manufacturers are offering help in some way or the other. Mercedes-Benz India has decided to set up a temporary hospital with medical facilities and isolation wards for patients suffering from COVID-19. The newly developed medical facility will be based at the Mhalunge-Ingale village, Chakan Khed and will have isolation wards with a capacity to take care of 1500 patients.
In the light of the hour, Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, "In these challenging times we are trying to support the local community and the local authorities. The new medical facility will help support the local authorities and the people of the region with healthcare in the coming times if the situation worsens. We stand together with our community and it remains our endeavor to support them and the authorities in every possible way. We hope for a steady recovery of the crisis and getting back to normalcy."
Moreover, the company will support the Zila Parishad with all the necessary infrastructure including the medical equipment required to create a temporary OPD, infrastructure for stay, stretchers, wheelchairs, PPE kits, sanitizers and other essential needed for easy functioning of the hospital and isolation ward. Mercedes Benz has also supported the Grant Medical Foundation (Ruby Hall Clinic) by donating Ventilators for the patients.
Mercedes Benz India stated, "In the wake of the ongoing global health crisis caused by the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, Mercedes-Benz India has decided to set up a temporary hospital with medical facilities and isolation wards for COVID-19 patients. The newly developed medical facility in Mhalunge-Ingale village, Chakan Khed, will have isolation wards with a capacity to take care of 1,500 patients."
Mercedes-Benz India is also supporting 1600 families from Khed, and the Viman Nagar area in Pune by providing dry ration and cleaning kits. This initiative will secure requirements for food and hygiene for these families until the end of May.
Thoughts On The Temporary Hospital Setup By Mercedes Benz India
Since every other manufacturer is helping in some way to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, Mercedes Benz India, by setting up a temporary hospital for people suffering from this virus has done a commendable thing as this will be of a lot of help for the patients who are suffering.