- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 20 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 22 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Stay At Record Highs: Check Rates
- News Killing of Shaurya Chakra awardee an international conspiracy: 2 more Khalistan terrorists nabbed
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Sports WTC Final, Day 5: Southee removes openers as India reach 64/2 at stumps; contest goes into reserve day
- Movies Mohanlal's Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham To Be Exclusively Screened On All Screens In Kerala!
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, India is currently in a lockdown state and a lot of manufacturers are offering help in some way or the other. Mercedes-Benz India has decided to set up a temporary hospital with medical facilities and isolation wards for patients suffering from COVID-19. The newly developed medical facility will be based at the Mhalunge-Ingale village, Chakan Khed and will have isolation wards with a capacity to take care of 1500 patients.
In the light of the hour, Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, "In these challenging times we are trying to support the local community and the local authorities. The new medical facility will help support the local authorities and the people of the region with healthcare in the coming times if the situation worsens. We stand together with our community and it remains our endeavor to support them and the authorities in every possible way. We hope for a steady recovery of the crisis and getting back to normalcy."
Moreover, the company will support the Zila Parishad with all the necessary infrastructure including the medical equipment required to create a temporary OPD, infrastructure for stay, stretchers, wheelchairs, PPE kits, sanitizers and other essential needed for easy functioning of the hospital and isolation ward. Mercedes Benz has also supported the Grant Medical Foundation (Ruby Hall Clinic) by donating Ventilators for the patients.
Mercedes Benz India stated, "In the wake of the ongoing global health crisis caused by the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, Mercedes-Benz India has decided to set up a temporary hospital with medical facilities and isolation wards for COVID-19 patients. The newly developed medical facility in Mhalunge-Ingale village, Chakan Khed, will have isolation wards with a capacity to take care of 1,500 patients."
Mercedes-Benz India is also supporting 1600 families from Khed, and the Viman Nagar area in Pune by providing dry ration and cleaning kits. This initiative will secure requirements for food and hygiene for these families until the end of May.
Thoughts On The Temporary Hospital Setup By Mercedes Benz India
Since every other manufacturer is helping in some way to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, Mercedes Benz India, by setting up a temporary hospital for people suffering from this virus has done a commendable thing as this will be of a lot of help for the patients who are suffering.