- 9 hrs ago Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 24 hrs ago Force Urbania Bookings Open – Limited Dealers Authorised To Accept Bookings
- 24 hrs ago Car That Inspired Time Travelling Delorean Set To Return - Getting Back To The Future
- 1 day ago Bollywood Actor Ram Kapoor Adds Ferrari Portofino M To His Exotic Collection
- Sports PKL: Tamil Thalaivas vs Gujarat Giants, Highlights: Ajinkya Pawar leads Thalaivas to thrilling victory
- Education IIT Madras, Australian varsities to launch 'Australia-India Centre for Energy'
- News Maharashtra: Part of footbridge collapses at Chandrapur railway station, several injured
- Movies Gashmeer Mahajani Opens Up About Starring In Nushrratt Bharuccha’s Chhorii 2: I Was On Board Within 10 Minutes
- Lifestyle Signs That You Are Too Emotionally Dependent On Your Partner
- Finance Top Brokerages Suggests Accumulate Two Multibagger Large Cap & Small Cap Stocks For High Returns
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
Mercedes-Benz India has launched the new GLE SUV in the Indian market. The new fourth-generation Mercedes-Benz GLE is offered with a starting price of Rs 73.70 lakh for the base 300d variant. The top-spec GLE 400d LWB (Hip-Hop Edition) is priced higher at Rs 1.25 Crore. All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The new fourth-generation GLE SUV comes with a host of updates and changes, along with a number of added features and equipment as well. The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV is the first product launch from the German brand this year in the Indian market. The company has stated that the company is planning on introducing 10 products this year.
Talking about the new Mercedes-Benz GLE, the SUV comes with a more sleek design, with more curved edges. The front design comes with the brand's traditional twin-slat chrome grille with the Mercedes-Benz ‘three-pointed star' at its centre.
Other updates to the design also include the inclusion of an updated set of headlamps with twin-eyebrow LED DRLs and LED taillights at the rear as well.
Moving inside, the new Mercedes-Benz GLE comes with dual 12.3-inch screen setup; one for the digital instrument cluster and the second being the touchscreen infotainment system. The GLE SUV will also be the second product from the luxury German brand to offer Mercedes-Benz' MBUX connected technology; after it debuted on the GLC late last year.
Some of the features on offer on the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE: Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Burmester surround sound System, AIRMATIC air suspension, electrically-controlled front seats with memory function, panoramic sunroof, wireless charging, steering-mounted controls, four-zone thermotronic climate control and a host of others as well.
Safety features on the new GLE SUV include ABS with EBD, nine-airbags, park assist, 360-degree camera and rear parking sensors and camera; to name a few.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV will be offered in two variants: GLE 4MATIC 300d LWB and GLE 4MATIC 400d LWB. Both diesel engines on the GLE SUV are compliant with the stringent BS6 emission norms, set to be implemented in India from 1st of April 2020.
The new GLE 300d LWB will be imported into the Indian market at a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit, assembled at the brand's Chakan facility. The larger GLE 400d LWB will be imported into India via the CBU route.
The Mercedes-Benz GLE 300d will be powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder unit producing 245bhp and 500Nm of peak torque. The larger GLE 400d, on the other hand, will be powered by a 3.0-litre six-cylinder unit producing 330bhp and 700Nm of peak torque. Both engines will come mated to a standard nine-speed automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts On The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV India Launch
The 2020 Mercedes Benz GLE is the brand's latest fourth-generation model in the Indian market. The Mercedes-Benz GLE in India continues to rival the likes of the BMW X5 and Audi Q7.