- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 12 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 15 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- Technology Best Selling Samsung Mobiles On Sale At Flipkart Republic Day Sale And Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- News TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu, 17 MLAs taken in police custody
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Mercedes-Benz India has confirmed the launch of its new GLE SUV in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-Benz GLE will go on sale in the Indian market from the 28th of January. The new GLE SUV will come with a host of updates, in terms of design changes, added features and overall quality as well.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLE comes with larger overall dimensions and a longer wheelbase. This translates to a much more spacious cabin, which along with the updates and changes made offers a more upmarket and luxurious cabin, compared to the outgoing model.
Some of the features on the new Mercedes-Benz GLE include LED lighting all around, including the headlamps, taillights and the DRLs. The new GLE SUV also comes with dual 12.3-inch displays; one for infotainment and the other being the instrument console.
The SUV also receives other features such as four-zone climate control, hands-free parking, powered tailgate, 360-degree camera, electronically-adjustable front and rear seats and adaptive air suspension.
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE could also feature the brand's new MBUX connected technology as well, which was first debuted on the recently introduced GLC SUV.
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE will come with three trim levels: GLE 300d, GLE 400d and GLE 450. The Mercedes-Benz GLE 300d will be powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 256bhp and 500Nm of peak torque. The GLE 400d comes powered by a larger 3.0-litre six-cylinder diesel unit churning out 330bhp and 700Nm of peak torque.
The final trim comes in the form of a petrol variant powered by a 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbo-petrol producing 367bhp and 500Nm of peak torque. The petrol unit will also come paired with a mild-hybrid system as well, offering an additional 22bhp from its electric motor.
All three engine options on the Mercedes-Benz GLE will be BS6-compliant from the start and will be mated to a standard automatic transmission unit.
Apart from the new GLE SUV, the German carmaker is also looking at introducing a number of other products in the Indian market as well. This includes the GLS, GLE Coupe, AMG GT four-door and the all-electric EQC SUV as well. All these new models are expected to go on sale in India sometime this year or by early-2021.
Thoughts On The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV
Mercedes-Benz is working on an aggressive sales strategy for the Indian market in 2020. Starting with the new GLE SUV, the brand will introduce a number of products during the year. The Mercedes-Benz GLE once launched in India will rival the likes of the Audi Q7 and the BMW X5.