- 2 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- 19 hrs ago 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Price Hiked: Here Are All Details
- News ED official contracts COVID-19 infection in Delhi
- Lifestyle What Are Blood Thinners? Read About 8 Natural Blood Thinning Foods
- Movies Bharti Singh Delays Family Planning Due To COVID-19 Pandemic; Says 'Can’t Plan Baby In Such Tension'
- Technology OnePlus, Fortnite Partner For New Game On Creative Island: How To Play
- Sports WWE Friday Night SmackDown preview and schedule: May 29, 2020
- Finance Why Senior Citizens Should Consider Investment In PM Vaya Vandana Yojana?
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mercedes-Benz India has confirmed the launch of its new GLE SUV in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-Benz GLE will go on sale in the Indian market from the 28th of January. The new GLE SUV will come with a host of updates, in terms of design changes, added features and overall quality as well.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLE comes with larger overall dimensions and a longer wheelbase. This translates to a much more spacious cabin, which along with the updates and changes made offers a more upmarket and luxurious cabin, compared to the outgoing model.
Some of the features on the new Mercedes-Benz GLE include LED lighting all around, including the headlamps, taillights and the DRLs. The new GLE SUV also comes with dual 12.3-inch displays; one for infotainment and the other being the instrument console.
The SUV also receives other features such as four-zone climate control, hands-free parking, powered tailgate, 360-degree camera, electronically-adjustable front and rear seats and adaptive air suspension.
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE could also feature the brand's new MBUX connected technology as well, which was first debuted on the recently introduced GLC SUV.
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE will come with three trim levels: GLE 300d, GLE 400d and GLE 450. The Mercedes-Benz GLE 300d will be powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine producing 256bhp and 500Nm of peak torque. The GLE 400d comes powered by a larger 3.0-litre six-cylinder diesel unit churning out 330bhp and 700Nm of peak torque.
The final trim comes in the form of a petrol variant powered by a 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbo-petrol producing 367bhp and 500Nm of peak torque. The petrol unit will also come paired with a mild-hybrid system as well, offering an additional 22bhp from its electric motor.
All three engine options on the Mercedes-Benz GLE will be BS6-compliant from the start and will be mated to a standard automatic transmission unit.
Apart from the new GLE SUV, the German carmaker is also looking at introducing a number of other products in the Indian market as well. This includes the GLS, GLE Coupe, AMG GT four-door and the all-electric EQC SUV as well. All these new models are expected to go on sale in India sometime this year or by early-2021.
Thoughts On The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV
Mercedes-Benz is working on an aggressive sales strategy for the Indian market in 2020. Starting with the new GLE SUV, the brand will introduce a number of products during the year. The Mercedes-Benz GLE once launched in India will rival the likes of the Audi Q7 and the BMW X5.