- 59 min ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 1 hr ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 1 hr ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki India Extends Its Free Service & Warranty Period For Customers Due To Covid-19
- News Mass vaccination against COVID-19, suspension of central vista project: 12 Oppn leaders tell PM Modi in letter
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Sports Arjuna winning former TT player V Chandrasekhar dies due to COVID complications; Sathiyan, Sharath condole
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Finance April CPI Inflation Softens To 4.29 Per Cent; March IIP Spikes To 22 Percent
- Lifestyle The Brit Awards 2021: Dua Lipa Makes A Retro Splash With Her Yellow Dress And Puffed Hairdo; Wins Big!
- Movies Salman Khan's Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai Will Not Be Screened In Hyderabad Theatres, Here's Why
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Mercedes-Benz has launched the GLC Coupe in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe is offered with a starting price of Rs 62.70 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Bookings for the new (2020) GLC Coupe SUV has begun, with deliveries said to begin soon.
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe comes with a host of new features and equipment, including the brand's latest MBUX connected technology as well. The new GLC Coupe will be positioned above the new GLC SUV, which was introduced in the Indian market late last year.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe will be offered in two variants: 300d 4MATIC and 300 4MATIC. The higher diesel-spec variant of the GLC Coupe is priced at a slight premium of Rs 63.70 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
This is the first time the German brand is bringing in the non-AMG version of the GLC Coupe to the Indian market. The Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe imported as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit is now the 10th model from the brand to be locally assembled in the Indian market.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe borrows its design from the latest-generation GLC SUV, introduced in the Indian market in December 2019. The front fascia comprises of the brand's signature diamond-pattern grille. It is flanked on either side by LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) while also receiving a slightly updated front bumper.
The side and rear profile of the GLC Coupe are where the design of the new SUV stands-out. The sloping Coupe-like roofline, along with a set of newly-designed alloy wheels adds to the sporty character of the SUV. The rear profile comes with updated LED taillights, moulded diffuser and a set of new exhaust tips.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe also comes with revised interiors. This includes a new 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system on the centre console, compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The new infotainment display also features the brand's MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) technology as well. There is also a 12.3-inch instrument console, along with a host of other premium features and safety equipment.
In terms of powertrain options, the new Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe in both BS6-compliant petrol and diesel engines. This includes 2.0-litre petrol and diesel units.
The GLC Coupe 300 4MATIC is powered by a 2.0-litre petrol engine which produces 258bhp and 370Nm of peak torque. The GLC Coupe 300d 4MATIC, on the other hand, is offered with a 2.0-litre diesel that churns out 245bhp and 500Nm of torque; both engines come mated to a standard 9G-Tronic automatic transmission.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India stated:
"With the GLC Coupe, we are excited to add yet another stylish lifestyle and dynamic SUV in our portfolio and continue the unmatched product offering in the luxury SUV segment. The GLC Coupe now locally produced in its series version will further enhance the popularity of the SUV Coupe."
"The GLC Coupe is distinguished by its technological prowess thanks to the most intuitive and engaging MBUX which is capable of ‘Over the Air' updates via Mercedes Me connect services. The SUV features the intelligent virtual in-car assistant popularly known as ‘Hey Mercedes' and comes with class-leading 24X7 connected features and services."
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe Launch In India
Mercedes-Benz is on a product offensive in the Indian market. The German brand is looking at expanding its presence in the Indian market, by introducing a number of new products. The company announced that they plan to bring in 10 models to India within the next year to capture the luxury car segment.