- 7 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 10 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 16 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Mercedes-Benz has pushed a new update to its first electric-SUV, the EQC. The electric-SUV now receives an upgraded onboard charger that is more powerful and also reduces the charge time needed.
The powerful 11kW onboard charger will now juice up the 80kWh battery pack of the EQC in just 7 hours and 30 minutes. In comparison, the older 7.4kW charger took 11 hours to completely charge the electric-SUV.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC is powered by two electric motors on each axle coupled to an 80kWh battery pack. The electric powertrain will produce a total output of 405bhp and a peak torque of 765Nm. Having electric motors on each axle will enable four-wheel drive on the SUV. The EQC features a claimed driving range of 400kms on a single charge.
Speaking about the EQC's performance figures, the SUV can accelerate from 0kmph to 100kmph in just 5.1 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 180kmph. Charging times for the battery pack are rated at 40 minutes for 80 per cent charge via a DC fast charger.
The EQC gets a couple of styling cues that are unique to the electric SUV. This includes an illuminated Mercedes-Benz badging on the grille, and an LED strip connecting the LED headlamps on either side. At the rear, the sleek-looking tail-lamps are connected to with a light bar running across the boot lid. The electric-SUV gets a unique dual-tone six-spoke alloy wheel design, roof spoiler, and a chrome-finished window-line; among others.
On the Inside, it features two 10.3-inch displays for the infotainment system and the instrument cluster, respectively. It will also come equipped with the brand's latest iteration of MBUX connected technology with voice-activated functions and other features. Some of the trims are finished in rose gold accents as well.
Mercedes-Benz launched its first electric-SUV last month in the Indian market. The company retails the electric SUV at a starting price of Rs 99.30 lakh, ex-showroom (India). However, the pricing is only introductory and is reserved for the first 50 units sold in the country. We spent some time with the EQC, testing it out extensively and bring you our first impressions of the luxury electric-SUV — here are all details.
Thoughts About The Mercedes Benz EQC Onboard Charger Upgrade
Product enhancement is very much needed for electric vehicles, which will offer enhanced feasibility to customers for everyday use. Mercedes-Benz has done the same by issuing a feature upgrade, which will make the EQC electric-SUV more user friendly.