- 8 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z H2 SE Globally Unveiled: The Japenese Supercharged Naked Becomes More Serious
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Sales Crosses 1000 Units: Here Are All The Details!
- 11 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 160 Production To Begin In India: New Paint Scheme Unveiled
- 11 hrs ago Honda Activa 20-Year Anniversary Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 66,816
- Movies Bellamkonda Sai Sreenivas To Make Bollywood Debut Soon; Official Announcement Is On The Way!
- Sports India vs Australia | Natarajan added to ODI squad as Saini's back-up; Ishant Sharma ruled out of Test series
- Lifestyle COVID-19: The Full List Of Coronavirus Symptoms
- Finance Wockhardt Jumps 48.2% In 8 Days; Here's Why You Should Stay Away From The Stock
- News Farmers attacked us, we acted with restraint: Haryana Police chief
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
- Technology Airtel, Reliance Jio, Vi Work From Plans That Offer Data Up To 100GB
- Education CSEET Result 2020: ICSI Releases CS Executive Entrance Test CSEET November 2020 Result
Mercedes-Benz is all geared up to launch its first premium electric-SUV, the EQC in the Indian market. Martin Schwenk, MD and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, confirmed that the arrival of EQC in India within two weeks.
The company recently launched its flagship SUV, the GLS in India. Speaking during the product briefing of the new SUV, the timeline for the EQC was revealed by Mr Schwenk. The electric-SUV was expected to arrive much earlier in the country, however, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the launch plans were pushed back.
We expected the company to launch the EQC much later in the year, but we were surprised when it was announced that it would arrive in a couple of weeks. The EQC will be the country's first luxury electric-SUV, placed higher up the price bracket.
The EQC shares its underpinning with the brand's GLC-SUV and is expected to feature a similar design as well. It gets an illuminated Mercedes badging on the grille, an LED strip connecting the new headlights. At the rear, the sleek-looking tail-lamps are connected to with a light bar running across the boot lid. The company is expected to offer additional customisation options similar to the one found in AMG models.
On the Inside, it features two 10.3-inch displays for the infotainment system and the instrument cluster, respectively. It will also come equipped with the brand's latest iteration of MBUX connected technology with voice-activated functions and other features. Some of the trims are finished in rose gold accents as well.
The EQC will be powered by two electric motors on each axle coupled to an 80kWh battery pack. The electric powertrain will produce 405bhp and a peak torque of 765Nm. Having electric motors on each axle will enable four-wheel drive on the SUV. The EQC features a claimed driving range of 400kms on a single charge.
Speaking about the EQC's performance figures, the SUV can sprint from 0kmph to 100kmph in just 5.1 seconds and continue to hot an electronically limited top speed of 180kmph. Charging times for the battery pack are rated at 40 minutes for 80 per cent charge with a fast charger.
Once launched, the EQC will have no direct rivals in the Indian market. However, it will soon be accompanied by the Audi e-Tron in the luxury electric-SUV segment, which is scheduled to launch later this year in the country.
In related news, the company has also revealed the India launch timelines of its entry-level models. The Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine and the GLA are expected to be launched sometime in the fourth quarter of 2020. The company aims to add more volumes with the launch of both the models — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz EQC Arriving To India Within Weeks
The Mercedes-Benz EQC will be a one of kind offering when launched in the Indian market. All the electric four-wheelers present in the Indian market are placed lower in the price bracket and offers decent equipment. However, the EQC will cater to customers looking to be a part of the green vehicle community and are seeking top-notch luxury.