- 1 hr ago Bengaluru Traffic Police Announces Rs 500 Fine For Two-Wheelers Without Rear-View Mirrors & Indicators
- 1 day ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs SRH: Nitish Rana and secret of 'Brown Munde' celebration after 50 for Kolkata Knight Riders
- News Sharad Pawar undergoes gall bladder surgery in Mumbai
- Technology DoT Issues Show-Cause Notice To Vi Over Licence Fee Dues
- Finance Bank Holidays April! Banks to Remain Closed From Tomorrow in These Cities
- Movies Choti Sarrdaarni's Shivangi Verma Tests COVID-19 Positive; Says BF Ripudaman Has Been Her Biggest Strength
- Education Karnataka: No Summer Vacation This Year, Exams To Go On As Per Schedule
- Lifestyle Somvati Amavasya 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
German automaker, Mercedes-Benz, has announced the launch timeline for its first all-electric vehicle in the Indian market, called the EQC. It is a luxury electric-SUV from the brand that will be going on sale from October 8, 2020.
The electric-SUV was expected to arrive much earlier in the country, however, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the launch plans were pushed back. The company has already listed the EQC on its official India website ahead of its launch.
When launched, the EQC will be the country's first luxury fully-electric SUV offering in the market. The EQC shares its underpinning with the brand's GLC-SUV and features a similar design as well.
The EQC will get a couple of styling cues that will be unique to the electric SUV. It also gets an illuminated Mercedes-Benz badging on the grille, and an LED strip connecting the LED headlamps on either side.
At the rear, the sleek-looking tail-lamps are connected to with a light bar running across the boot lid. The electric-SUV gets a unique dual-tone six-spoke alloy wheel design, roof spoiler, and a chrome-finished window-line; among others.
On the Inside, it features two 10.3-inch displays for the infotainment system and the instrument cluster, respectively. It will also come equipped with the brand's latest iteration of MBUX connected technology with voice-activated functions and other features. Some of the trims are finished in rose gold accents as well.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC will be powered by two electric motors on each axle coupled to an 80kWh battery pack. The electric powertrain will produce a total output of 405bhp and a peak torque of 765Nm. Having electric motors on each axle will enable four-wheel drive on the SUV. The EQC features a claimed driving range of 400kms on a single charge.
Speaking about the EQC's performance figures, the SUV can accelerate from 0kmph to 100kmph in just 5.1 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 180kmph. Charging times for the battery pack are rated at 40 minutes for 80 per cent charge with a fast charger.
Once launched, the EQC will have no direct rivals in the Indian market. However, it will soon be accompanied by the Audi e-Tron in the luxury electric-SUV segment, which is scheduled to launch later this year in the country.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced
Mercedes-Benz is looking to capitalize on the growing demand for green vehicles in the country. Once launched, the EQC will have no rivals and becomes a unique offering by the premium brand in the Indian market. Although the ideal range is rated at 400kms per charge, it could be a little less in real-world conditions.