- 49 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 2 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 3 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Madhya Pradesh: Curfew, prohibitory orders in parts of Bhopal
- Sports Nets' Harden enters NBA history books with triple-double, Lillard leads Blazers
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 4: Aari Arjuna To Raise This Season’s Trophy?
- Lifestyle From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Mercedes-Benz has launched its fully-electric luxury SUV, the EQC in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-Benz EQC is now on sale in India with a starting price of Rs 99.30 lakh, ex-showroom (India). This price is only for the first 50 units in the market and it also includes the wall-mount charger, which will be installed at their customer's house or workplace.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV marks the entry of the brand's ‘EQ' range in the Indian market. The EQC is also the first full-electric luxury SUV in the country and currently doesn't have any direct rivals. It will, however, take on the Audi e-tron which is expected to go on sale sometime next year.
The EQC electric SUV was initially supposed to be introduced earlier this year. Bookings for the all-electric offering from Mercedes-Benz India is now open, with deliveries said to begin shortly. The electric SUV will initially be available in six cities across India: Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC shares its underpinnings with the latest-generation GLC SUV, while also carrying forward a similar design. The SUV features a front grille, with the large ‘three-pointed star' positioned at its centre.
The grille is surrounded by a thick strip of chrome, along with stylish LED headlamps units at either end. The headlamp units come with LED projector units and an integrated LED DRL, which also doubles up as a turn signal indicator.
The side and rear profile are kept clean and minimalistic. The standout feature on the side is the large stylish dual-tone and rather unique-looking alloy wheels, while the rear comes with LED taillights, which are connected by an LED strip, running across the width of the boot.
The electric SUV also comes packed with a host of features, equipment and tech on the inside as well. These include dual 10.3-inch displays, one for the instrument cluster and the other being the touchscreen infotainment unit. The EQC will also come with the brand's latest-generation MBUX connected technology as well. There are also a host of other features and equipment on the EQC.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC will be powered by two electric motors, one at each axle; giving it a four-wheel-drive system. The electric motors are further paired with an 80kW lithium-ion battery pack. The entire electric powertrain on the EQC produces 405bhp and 765Nm of peak torque. Mercedes-Benz claims that the EQC is capable of offering a range of 471km on a single charge.
In terms of performance, the Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV is said to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in 5.1 seconds. The electric SUV is also said to offer an electronically limited top speed of 180km/h. Mercedes-Benz also claims that the EQC is offered with fast-charging technology capable of charging its batteries up to 80% in around 40 minutes.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz EQC Electric SUV Launch In India
The Mercedes-Benz EQC is the first fully-electric offering from the brand in the Indian market. Although there are no rivals at this point, the EQC will soon rival the upcoming Audi e-tron SUV in the Indian market.