- 13 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 88.80 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago BMW Motorrad Dealerships Reopens: Resumes Retail Operations After Lockdown Eased
- 18 hrs ago Hyundai Creta Sales Beats Maruti Suzuki For The First Time: New Best-Selling Car In May 2020
- Sports PSL facing economic crisis, some team owners looking to exit: Akhtar
- Movies Chinmayi Sripada Wants Meera Chopra To File A Case Against Jr NTR Fans!
- Finance This Stock Has 22% Upside From Current Levels
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Budget Smartphones Available In India In June 2020
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Lifestyle Are There Any Harmful Effects Of Staying Indoors On Your Skin?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mercedes-Benz India has launched its electric sub-brand 'EQ' in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-Benz EQ brand is a huge step forward for the luxury brand as it looks to introduce electric mobility for the future.
The company also confirmed that they will be introducing its first all-electric product, the EQC SUV in the Indian market as well. The new Mercedes-Benz EQC is scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market in April this year.
The Mercedes-Benz EQ brand was launched in India by Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO and Santosh Iyer, VP Sales & Marketing Mercedes-Benz India at the company's Chakan plant in Pune.
On the occasion of the EQ brand launch, Martin Schwenk, stated:
"As the inventors of the automobile and pioneers of luxury mobility in India, we are launching the brand ‘EQ' that will establish luxury electric motoring in India. The ‘EQ' brand is a key pillar of our ‘Sustainable Luxury' objective and is the first dedicated luxury electric brand in India."
"We felt the time was right to introduce EQ brand in India and our first product for India will be the EQC EV. We are confident that EQ will lay a strong foundation for our electric ambition in India, which will see further expansion of our green cars portfolio and also for our future."
He further added, "With the launch of EQ we firmly announce Mercedes-Benz's arrival into the new era of electro mobility. We want the EQ brand to create an ecosystem in which electric mobility is reliable, simple and at the same time exciting."
"The ‘EQC Edition 1886' illustrates progressive design, exciting driving dynamics and a range more than suitable for daily use. Long-term, worry-free vehicle use is the sole focus for us in launching the EQ brand in India."
Talking about the Mercedes-Benz EQC, the SUV will be imported into the Indian market as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). This will make it identical to the international-spec model available globally.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV will come powered by two electric motors paired with an 80kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric motors along with the battery pack offers 402bhp and 765Nm of peak torque and claims a maximum range of 400km on a single charge.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz EQ Brand & EQC SUV
The Mercedes-Benz EQC has been confirmed to go on sale in the Indian market in April 2020. Once launched in India, the EQC SUV is expected to be priced around Rs 1.4 crore, ex-showroom (India) and will go against rivals such as the Audi e-tron in the Indian market.