- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- 20 hrs ago Emissions & PUC Tests Become Centralised — Your Vehicle Can Now Get A Rejection Slip For Pollution
- 22 hrs ago Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- 1 day ago From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- Technology Huawei MatePad T 10 Kids Edition With Stylus Pen Launched: Price Set At Rs. 13,876
- Finance IRCTC iPay: IRCTC To Allow Instant Refund On Cancellation
- Movies Rakul Preet Singh Has A Sarcastic Reply To Report Of Having No Work In Tollywood
- News Fire breaks out at shoe factory in West Delhi
- Sports WTC Final: Ball that got Virat Kohli could have got any batsman, says Kyle Jamieson
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day 2021: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- Education Why Is International Yoga Day Celebrated On June 21?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Mercedes-Benz India has launched its electric sub-brand 'EQ' in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-Benz EQ brand is a huge step forward for the luxury brand as it looks to introduce electric mobility for the future.
The company also confirmed that they will be introducing its first all-electric product, the EQC SUV in the Indian market as well. The new Mercedes-Benz EQC is scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market in April this year.
The Mercedes-Benz EQ brand was launched in India by Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO and Santosh Iyer, VP Sales & Marketing Mercedes-Benz India at the company's Chakan plant in Pune.
On the occasion of the EQ brand launch, Martin Schwenk, stated:
"As the inventors of the automobile and pioneers of luxury mobility in India, we are launching the brand ‘EQ' that will establish luxury electric motoring in India. The ‘EQ' brand is a key pillar of our ‘Sustainable Luxury' objective and is the first dedicated luxury electric brand in India."
"We felt the time was right to introduce EQ brand in India and our first product for India will be the EQC EV. We are confident that EQ will lay a strong foundation for our electric ambition in India, which will see further expansion of our green cars portfolio and also for our future."
He further added, "With the launch of EQ we firmly announce Mercedes-Benz's arrival into the new era of electro mobility. We want the EQ brand to create an ecosystem in which electric mobility is reliable, simple and at the same time exciting."
"The ‘EQC Edition 1886' illustrates progressive design, exciting driving dynamics and a range more than suitable for daily use. Long-term, worry-free vehicle use is the sole focus for us in launching the EQ brand in India."
Talking about the Mercedes-Benz EQC, the SUV will be imported into the Indian market as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). This will make it identical to the international-spec model available globally.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV will come powered by two electric motors paired with an 80kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric motors along with the battery pack offers 402bhp and 765Nm of peak torque and claims a maximum range of 400km on a single charge.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz EQ Brand & EQC SUV
The Mercedes-Benz EQC has been confirmed to go on sale in the Indian market in April 2020. Once launched in India, the EQC SUV is expected to be priced around Rs 1.4 crore, ex-showroom (India) and will go against rivals such as the Audi e-tron in the Indian market.