- 18 hrs ago Emissions & PUC Tests Become Centralised — Your Vehicle Can Now Get A Rejection Slip For Pollution
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- 1 day ago From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- 1 day ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- Technology Battlegrounds Mobile India Ban: CAIT Urges Union IT Minister To Ban New Game
- News World Music Day 2021: What is the history, significance and quotes for 'Fete de la Musique'
- Movies Kapil Sharma Shares First Picture Of His Son Trishaan With Daughter Anayra On Father’s Day
- Sports PSL 2021 Qualifier 1: Islamabad United v Multan Sultans: Dream11, Possible Playing 11, Timing, Prediction
- Finance Sensex Plunges 550 Points On Weak Global Cues
- Education Why Is International Yoga Day Celebrated On June 21?
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is now the fastest production car to go around the Nurburgring Nordschleife, Germany. The recently introduced supercar completed a lap around the famed track with a time of 6 minutes 43.616 seconds. This is 1.3 seconds quicker than the previous lap record, held by the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ.
The official lap time around the Nurburgring was set by Mercedes-AMG GT3 racing driver, Maro Engel. The AMG GT Black Series comes under the street-legal ‘Sport Car' category.
As per the ‘official measured and notarised certified' timing, the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series completed the lap without the T13 Straight in 6 minutes 43.616 seconds, while the complete lap took 6 minutes 48.047 seconds.
As per the track regulations, no modifications were allowed to be made on the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series, beyond what is available on a standard production model. This included extending the front splitter to its ‘Race' position, spoiler positioned at the middle and the adjustable coil-over suspension being lowered by 5mm and 3mm at the front and back, respectively.
The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series also came with the hardest setting on the anti-roll bars. Traction control on the supercar was set between six and seven, depending on the driver, while also coming with rollover protection, available as part of the factory Track Package. The supercar also did the timed run on a set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R MO tyres.
In terms of powertrain, the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is powered by a 4.0-litre TwinTurbo V8 engine. It produces 730bhp and 800Nm of peak torque and is paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
Mercedes-AMG claims that the GT Black Series is capable of sprinting to a top speed of 325km/h, with 0 - 100km/h coming up in 3.2 seconds and 0 - 200km/h taking just 9 seconds.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series New Nurburgring Lap Record
The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series is the most performance-focussed version of the already impressive GT series from the German carmaker. The supercar also marks the return of the ‘Black Series' badge, which was last seen on the iconic SLS AMG model.