- 7 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 8 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 22 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- News ‘For development of new India, entire nation needs to progress’: PM Modi to BJP workers
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings to organise a week's training camp at Chepauk; MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina to attend
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Movies Sushant Singh Case: Father KK Singh Files Counter Affidavit Before SC Against Rhea Chakraborty
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Italian sports car manufacturer, Maserati has unveiled a new engine globally. Called the Nettuno is a 3.0-litre V6 turbo engine is said to be using technology that is used in Formula 1 racing. The company aims to bring racing technology to its road cars with the new engine.
The Nettuno engine is said to make its debut on the brand's upcoming MC20 supercar. Maserati has also announced the MC20 will make its global premiere along with the new engine on September 9, 2020. The company has not revealed any further details of the upcoming performance car.
Coming back to the Nettuno, it is 100 per cent homegrown internal combustion engine that is made in Modena. It features a V90° architecture, with six-cylinders, two-turbos, and features a dry-sump (a classic solution on super sportscars).
The 3.0-litre engine produces a maximum power of 621bhp at 7500rpm and a peak torque of 730Nm at 3000rpm. The engine also features a specific power output of 207bhp/litre. Each cylinder features a stroke of 82mm with an 88mm bore and the compression ratio is 11:1.
The new engine has three main features: a pre-chamber, a lateral sparkplug and a twin-injection system. All these ensure complete and correct combustion of fuel inside the chamber. It also ensures to reduce the engine noise lower down the rev range, and also lowering the CO2 emissions and improving mileage.
The combination of ta pre-chamber combustion system and twin-spark-plug is a direct derivative of technology from the Formula 1 racing. The company has not made it available to road cars when the engine debuts on the MC20 later in the year.
The company claims that the new engine is the result of a technical revolution and international patents. Some of the brand's highly-qualified technicians and engineers were involved in the project who were passionate and committed to bringing the F1 technology to the streets.
Thoughts About The Maserati Unveils New V6 Turbo Engine Using F1 Technology For Road Cars
Maserati claims that they have spent hours testing the new engine thorough analysis to develop a high-performance engine that is also kinder to the environment. The Nettuno features exceptional power and torque figure and is all set to be the beating heart of the upcoming MC20 sportscar that will be unveiled later in the year.