- 14 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month: Will Rival Hyundai i20 Turbo
- 15 hrs ago All-New Tata Safari Spotted Undisguised Ahead Of Launch: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago Bosch Opens India’s Largest Multi-Brand Car Service Facility In Haryana: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago GoFuel To Deliver High-Speed Diesel At Your Doorstep: Read More To Find Out!
- News Man arrested for extorting money by posing as cop in Delhi
- Sports India v England: Selectors to name Test squad on Tuesday; Kohli, Ishant to back, all eyes on Bumrah, Ashwin
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty, Pooja Hegde, Nushrat Bharucha Or Elli AvrRam, Whose Mini Dress Is The Best?
- Finance Mindtree Up 6% After Reporting 66% Jump In Q3 Net Profit
- Movies Khushi Kapoor's Bollywood Debut: Boney Kapoor Says 'You Will Hear An Announcement Soon'
- Education KPSC FDA Hall Ticket 2021 Released, Check Direct Link At kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For January 19: Win Bosch Mixer Grinder
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
Owing to the growing demand for electric vehicles in the Indian market, Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch its first fully-electric model. The company has confirmed that it will be an electric version of the WagonR hatchback that is currently on sale in the country.
The upcoming EV has been spied several times ahead of its launch. Latest spy images from Rushlane showcase a completely camouflaged mule, testing in Gurgaon, near to the brand's manufacturing facility.
According to reports, the exhaust was missing on the test vehicle and it had a lower platform for the battery pack. The test mule was also said to be using 14-inch alloy wheels along with turn-signal indicators mounted on the ORVMs.
Earlier to the ongoing testing phase of the hatchback, Maruti Suzuki also introduced 50 JDM-spec prototypes in the country last year, which is undergoing various tests under different conditions.
According to earlier reports, the electric hatchback is expected to launch for commercial use and fleet management. This will help manufacturers collect more data from cars running regularly and improve the product before it is released for personal use. The WagnoR electric is expected to arrive sometime next year in the Indian market.
Although not many details of the electric hatchback have been revealed by the company, we expect it to borrow most of the design cues from its third-generation gasoline-powered sibling. However, we have noticed a few changes that will be made specific to the WagonR electric.
It will feature an all-new front facia with a split-headlamp design. The (DRL) Daytime Running Lights are placed next to the grille, while the projector headlamps will be placed on the bumpers. It will also feature a set of fog lamps that will be placed below the main headlamps. Also, the grille will be revised with a new design as well.
On the inside, the electric hatchback is expected to carry most of its features from the standard model. This includes a touchscreen infotainment display with the brand's latest SmartPlay connectivity, a new steering wheel design with mounted controls, climate control, and a dual-tone interior theme; among others.
The company is yet to reveal the specifications, range and performance of the electric powertrain of the hatchback. However, the electric hatchback is expected to come with both standard and fast-charging capabilities.
Once launched, the Maruti Suzuki WagonR electric will rival the Tata Tigor EV and the upcoming Mahindra eKUV100. The eKUV100 is the cheapest electric four-wheeler available in the country. However, the upcoming WagonR is expected to be priced aggressively and could be cheaper than the eKUV100.
Thoughts About The Maruti WagonR Electric Hatchback Spied
The electric four-wheeler segment is growing at a steady pace in the Indian market. Most vehicles are price above the 10 lakh mark, which is relatively expensive. However, the upcoming WagonR electric could be priced within the 10 lakh mark, which will make for easier EV adoption in the country.