- 7 hrs ago Gemopai Opens Four New Dealerships In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago BMW G 310 R & G 310 GS Price Hike Announced In India: Here Is The New Price List
- 8 hrs ago Citroen India Inaugurates Country’s First La Maison Showroom In Ahmedabad: Here Are The Details!
- 9 hrs ago Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India: Priced At Rs 58,998
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 21 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Engage In War Of Words, Rakhi Gets Punished
- News Mood of The Nation: 73% polled Indians believe PM Modi handled Covid pandemic well
- Education IBPS RRB Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Released, Check RRB Office Assistant Prelims Result Link
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals trade Robin Uthappa to Chennai Super Kings
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On Standard Chartered Bank
- Technology Huawei Mate X2 Foldable Smartphone Launch Pegged For February; Full Specifications Leaked
- Lifestyle Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Maruti Suzuki confirmed that the company is working on an electric version of their popular WagonR hatchback for the Indian market. The company even introduced 50 JDM-spec prototypes in the country last year undergoing multiple testing under various conditions.
Now, gaadiwaadi has released spy pics of the production-spec versions of the Maruti WagonR electric coming to the Indian market. The spy pics showcase the India-spec WagonR electric completely covered in black.
The images, however, confirm that the WagonR electric will be based on the third-generation hatchback, which was launched in India back in January 2019. Having said that, there are a few visible cosmetic changes, including updates to the front fascia.
Some of the changes include a new split headlamp design, with the LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) positioned above and the main headlamp cluster housed below in triangular housing. The front bumper also comes with a pair of fog lamps positioned lower down the front bumper. The most noticeable difference, however, comes in the form of the covered-up front grille area, which could spawn an interesting design.
The side and rear profile will most likely remain similar to the current IC-powered model. This includes the popular tall-boy stance and the same set of vertically-stacked tail lights at the rear. The test mule can also be seen riding on 15-inch black wheels, borrowed from the Ignis.
Inside as well, the new Maruti WagonR electric will share components with the standard hatchback. This includes the interiors trims, touchscreen infotainment system, multi-functional steering wheel and many other features as well.
The new Maruti WagonR electric will also be part of the brand's HEARTECT platform, which underpin a number of other IC-engine powered models in Maruti Suzuki's product lineup in the Indian market.
Maruti Suzuki is yet to announce any details of the WagonR electric specifications. However, the electric hatchback is expected to come with both standard and fast-charging capabilities. While the standard charging is said to take seven-hours to completely charge the batteries, the fast-charging is capable of a 0 - 80 per cent charge in an hours' time.
Thoughts On The Maruti WagonR Electric Spied Testing
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR electric has been caught testing in the country on multiple occasions, since its confirmation. The electric hatchback, however, is still a year away from its debut, with an expected launch only in 2021. It will be interesting to see how Maruti Suzuki price the electric hatchback in the Indian market.